Think my radio is possessed . . . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Randy Whistler

Living the dream! I'm just not sure who's dream
Reaction score
OK, I know that the radios in these things are "special" . . . but mine has a poor attitude. Maybe I just don't understand it, though. . .

The radio does work. I can tune, listen, etc. When I press the "autotune" to select an equalization method, it will step through all of the choices as I think it's supposed to. It does not hold that choice, though - should I power off or change channel, it reverts back to whatever it was before I changed it.

The second thing I've noticed is that from time to time the clock will reset itself back to 12:00. I can reset the clock to the correct time and it will stay that way until it gets a wild hair and resets to 12:00.

Is this "normal" behavior for a 2000 Tahoe radio? Maybe this is right - I'm just not familiar with the product line well enough yet to know. . . :(

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your intermittently losing the constant power to the radio so its not saving the settings.

Woodse

Reaction score
I'm experiencing the same now. I hit the Center cconsole and the per comes back. I need to find the connecting to the brain in the bottom of the console. Anyone done this before

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be time for a new radio or an overhaul. It's been eighteen years since it was new. Only guns last longer and are less trouble free.