Things to repair while engine is out.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great thoughts. I’ve had to patch up my washer lines a few times, and it’s a PITA getting to them. I am currently without that function, as my “patch” has failed again, and I haven’t taken the time to install the new line I finally bought. (Where the heck is that anyway…?)
:hmmm2:
I forget where you are, but if it isn't too far away, I'd be happy to help (not like you need it).

V327839

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since mine failed miserably, I will recommend the heater hose connectors(and hoses). The plastic tee and the heater core connectors get brittle and crack. Replace it all now and save on another coolant replacement.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A long time ago, ( In a city far far away) I replaced a Northstar engine in my " just bought used with a rod knock", a perfect '93 Cadillac STS. While the engine was out, I went through everything that would have been hard to reach. CLEANED everything, and detailed new engine, inspected & heat-protect wrapped all fluid lines, and re covered all the wiring.

I can see on my '05 Yukon, the wires near the upper suspension, etc., ..the factory covering was brittle & exposing the wires. Plus, clean-de grease the suspension stuff....

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons