Thin gray line tahoe build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i discussed things with my mechanic.

1. Order a new motor with like 5 year warranty and replace it. (If the ecm is bad though then this wouldn't work anyways
.2. Buy a new computer and have it installed and tune. (I think would be the cheapest way to go labor wise).
3. Scrap the whole piece of whale

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
"1. Order a new motor with "like" 5 year warranty"......

What does that mean? Is it a 5 year warranty or LIKE a 5 year warranty? C'mon man!

I am channeling my inner "OTTO" Anderson.....

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently my dad must have been drunk or misunderstood cuz i called dude today and he said it needed a tune and I said I'm aware of that and he said well I can't tune it. So, I either gotta let him find someone to tune it or I gotta go get it and bring it back here and have it tuned. I'm thinking about having it tuned here.

OP
OP
T

thingraylinetah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to tell them all this (my dad and his mechanic) before but no one listened.

I sent the build paperwork along with it.

They got all the rust out of the motor and said it cleaned up super nice. I told them while it was out to take out the stage 3 btr cam and put in a truck Norris or stage 1 cam. They didn't do that either.

Since it's going to be a daily driver I'd rather have a little more economy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14