Thermometer reset?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gclemm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The thermometer on 2021 Tahoe is stuck on 19 degrees. Is there a reset

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
disconnect the battery, reconnect the battery then go drive it at 50mph for at least 5 miles, normally it should start reading correctly before the 5 miles is up but that's what the dealer said to do, when you disconnect the battery you may have to re-calibrate the compass as well, which is just a matter of driving in circles one direction a few times then turn and go the opposite direction a few times., might take a couple tries for the compass to set. you will know if needs to be done or not because it will say "CAL"
you may also have to reset the drivers window which is done by lowering the window and continuing to hold the switch for a additional 5 seconds, release then raise the window and hold the switch for 5 seconds again.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my Escalade do that a couple of times. I managed to get it reading correctly again by changing to °C and back to °F in the settings menu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14