Theftlock on 2011 Yukon Denali with DVD/Nav/Bose?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wilef

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I pulled out the stock radio and replaced with a JVC unit so I could get Apple CarPlay. I'm looking to sell the old radio on eBay but don't know if the new owner would have issues with the unit being theftlocked to my car. I'm seeing threads on theftlock through 2010, but does it also apply to 2011 or is it plug-and-play?

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure, but I would think they will have to get it programmed to their vehicle no matter what in order to work.

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled out the stock radio and replaced with a JVC unit so I could get Apple CarPlay. I'm looking to sell the old radio on eBay but don't know if the new owner would have issues with the unit being theftlocked to my car. I'm seeing threads on theftlock through 2010, but does it also apply to 2011 or is it plug-and-play?
I know there is a couple company's that do reprogramming there is a couple but this one come highly recommended.

Make sure to note on Ebay ad Item is in working condition but May need to be programed by a 3rd party to work in your Car/Suv. Another thing is to email the buyer before shipping the radio out saying it may need to be programmed before being installed in the Car/suv and to conform this with a reply back.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it will need to be relearned to the vin of whatever vehicle it is installed in, the dealer can do it or they will need a tech2 and probably a $40 subscription to the gm techline.
it will not just plug in and work.

OP
OP
W

wilef

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you all for your replies. Appreciate it.