Theft, need suggestion on what to install what you suggest and what works ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BamaTom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What is worth the money that tracks it alerts you . Or what do you suggest for theft. Beside the expensive ONSTAR I call it death star to your pocket. What do you guys have that gives you piece of mind. Been hearing about a lot of car theft . During the day mostly with tow trucks hooking you up . Also rim theft too.
Good insurance.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Stock head unit definitely. Although my 09 Esky Plat head unit is upgraded to a ‘14 SD card unit, it’s back wired to screen mirror an iPhone from the rear seats. Anything the phone does, the truck emulates and it’s concealed. Thieves aren’t really interested in the 09 technology DVD Platinum headrests anymore (knock on wood).

I run good Ins w/ a $250 deductible and keep meticulous service records to shove down bean counters throats if it’s ever damaged or totaled. If it is stolen, it would simply mean it’s time to upgrade to a 20+ 3.0L Duramax turbo diesel CPO Esky Plat and reevaluate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is worth the money that tracks it alerts you . Or what do you suggest for theft. Beside the expensive ONSTAR I call it death star to your pocket. What do you guys have that gives you piece of mind. Been hearing about a lot of car theft . During the day mostly with tow trucks hooking you up . Also rim theft too.
You can impede standard tow trucks by leaving your drive selector in 4 wheel "auto" (if you have 4WD).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bryndan99

Latest posts