The unwanted Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Plus, as has been said, he is 13 years old. His decision as to what is cool will change a dozen more times before he hits 16 years old.

Something without a computer monitor screen mounted in the dash may just be crap to him, no matter what the vehicle is.

Squirrelsmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That very well might have been true back then but definitely not so much now! Chevy / GM has come a long way ! Just ask anyone on this forum how many original miles the rigs are going on!
seriously?

OP
OP
liquify33

liquify33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem here is he’s only 13. What can the kid possibly know about what’s bad ass ? Let’s cut him a break ! Even at 18 I made some horrible mistakes passing up on some kick ass car deals that will haunt me till the day I die . I remember my neighbor offered Me a sweet deal on a fully functional 63 riviera ! I thought the car was nothing special back then and passed it up ! Oh damn was I wrong !!! I let a full blown classic chick magnet escape my grips ! Guess you win some you lose some
Some of my decisions at 42 are questionable. Lol!

rzabel

Reaction score
I've had two 4 Runners and they were great vehicles. I understand the attraction.

However, driving a 20 year old vehicle was kinda cool when I started driving. My first car in 1975 was a 1955 Willys Wagon. It seemed more classic than old at the time. I learned alot about cars with that one, especially after I decided to see how fast I could get it to go on a long downhill. Max speed should have been about 50 on that rig and after getting it up to 70 I got to learn how to rebuild an engine.

willyswagn55 (1).jpg

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My cousin had a Willy's Jeep pickup and we ran the Rubicon trail in that thing. Took us 3 days. It is amazing how high an empty aluminum Coors beer can will fly out of that bed when you hit a large enough drop or bump. Man that was fun, if I remember right!

rzabel

Reaction score
My cousin had a Willy's Jeep pickup and we ran the Rubicon trail in that thing. Took us 3 days. It is amazing how high an empty aluminum Coors beer can will fly out of that bed when you hit a large enough drop or bump. Man that was fun, if I remember right!

My old Willys would never be able to take the Rubicon, but I had a buddy in high school with a Toyota Land Cruiser and for two years in a row ('75 and '76) we drove on the "Toyota Land Cruiser Jamboree" over the Rubicon trail with a hundred other Land Cruisers. It was a blast!...if I remember right

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
His Willy's pickup was modified quite a bit. Lifted, special axles with lockers, bigger tires, 289 engine....etc. Had a winch too.

rzabel

Reaction score
That’s a nice ride!

I have to admit that I found that on the internet. However, mine was nearly identical and in at least as good a shape. Same year and color. My bumpers were still chrome and my wheels were black. I even had a golden retriever that went everywhere with me. I did a double take when I saw the photo the first time, thinking someone had a pic of my old jeep. I wish I had taken photos of my first 3 or 4 cars. I didn't have a camera back then and didn't think that a photo of an old car would be something I'd want some day in my old age.