The SUPER EASY 4-Hi mod for 00-02 vehicles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ypsetihw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet gonna do this later today maybe, looks like a breeze - Thanks!

edit: Just did this today and it took like 2 mins, hardest part was putting the terminal on the wire lol . . . thanks!

Last edited:

ypsetihw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can you somehow bridge the high beams into the DRLs so that they come on with the highs too, kindof like an upper high 6 mod?

EDIT: I did a bunch of research and thought I had it nailed, so I went ahead and spliced the hotside high-beams into the hotside of the DRLs . . . blew the left headlamp fuse immediately. Fortunately I had another 15A fuse on hand and was able to yank the wire and patch it up. Anyway, don't do this!

Last edited:

ypsetihw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting note, doing this mod causes the "flash to pass" high beams (headlights OFF, pull left stick towards you to flash the highs) to trigger both the High and Low beams for a "super flash"

here's my splice job:

0_1-8.jpg

and the diagonal brace you can ground it to (yellow tape), there is a little space to pass the wire through the fabric heat shield behind the fan:

0_1-9.jpg

Update: I've been playing with a way to provide power to the DRLs when the headlamps are on. I made the mistake of jumping the high and low power TWICE :banghead: blowing the left headlamp fuse, but that was an easy fix. Based on what I can find and measure with the multimeter, I think you can ground the headlamp to the positive side of the DRL instead of to the brace, meaning that the DRL will get pass-through current and stay ON when the headlights are ON or when you use flash to pass.

Last edited:

JAToro78

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I tied my fogs Into my parking light behind the light switch to where any time my headlight are my fogs are and they stay on with the highbeams an there you go hi-6
How did you tie your fogs into the parking lights? I somewhat wiring experienced but would like to know what wires to tap into. Thanks

Robert.K

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good question, Im in the same boat. But Im also add hid fog for some serious light out front! Want to get the z71 front valance and retrofit some projectors in the fogs. At least i think its possible............

brucebly

Reaction score
Just finished this mod. Has anyone figured out how to include the fog lights in this without using a diode? Is it possible to ground one of those wires also?