The Resurrection of "Immanuel" 99' Cadillac Escalade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I noticed your check engine light is on. Have you checked what codes pop up? Also I'd do a complete tune up, just so you're starting with a clean slate, and you know what you're working with.
Have you checked your fluid levels? The gas could be bad if it sat for an extended period of time. Idle looks rough. Great deal for $800!

OP
OP
preacherman22

preacherman22

Reaction score
I noticed your check engine light is on. Have you checked what codes pop up? Also I'd do a complete tune up, just so you're starting with a clean slate, and you know what you're working with.
Have you checked your fluid levels? The gas could be bad if it sat for an extended period of time. Idle looks rough. Great deal for $800!
Yes. The "Service engine soon" light is on. It was on empty, so I put $15.00 of 89 octane in. All fluids are topped off and I added coolant, STP Oil Treatment. Yes, tomorrow I'm completing tune up (cap & rotor) then I'm going to run diagnostics. All this after work. One thing, when it's idling, lots of condensation coming out of the tailpipe. Which I'm thinking that's why it has that little bit of white exhaust smoke? So I'm not sure if they're may be water in the system.? The oil is clean (No Water), and no leaks. Maybe a little around drivers side valve covers? It also has a newer tranny in it and shifts great! I've only spun it around the block a few times! No plates and insurance. Lol. So definitely have some fine tuning to do.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yes. The "Service engine soon" light is on. It was on empty, so I put $15.00 of 89 octane in. All fluids are topped off and I added coolant, STP Oil Treatment. Yes, tomorrow I'm completing tune up (cap & rotor) then I'm going to run diagnostics. All this after work. One thing, when it's idling, lots of condensation coming out of the tailpipe. Which I'm thinking that's why it has that little bit of white exhaust smoke? So I'm not sure if they're may be water in the system.? The oil is clean (No Water), and no leaks. Maybe a little around drivers side valve covers? It also has a newer tranny in it and shifts great! I've only spun it around the block a few times! No plates and insurance. Lol. So definitely have some fine tuning to do.
Condensation out of the tailpipe is somewhat normal. Happens while running while still cold. Does the condensation go away once it's completely warmed up?

OP
OP
preacherman22

preacherman22

Reaction score
Condensation out of the tailpipe is somewhat normal. Happens while running while still cold. Does the condensation go away once it's completely warmed up?
No. She's spitting out water. Drip, drip type of water! Lol

Hoesgottaeat2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with @Tonyrodz in regards to the condensation. It should dissipate at least some once it’s up to running temperature.

Not to sound like a broken record here, but after you finish that tune up, drive it it a few hundred miles. May be rust on the cylinder walls that need to be driven out from sitting so long.

These small block GM motors are very robust and resilient engines.

And great buy for $800! Can’t even fill my home heating oil tank once for that price these days lol !

OP
OP
preacherman22

preacherman22

Reaction score
Agree with @Tonyrodz in regards to the condensation. It should dissipate at least some once it’s up to running temperature.

Not to sound like a broken record here, but after you finish that tune up, drive it it a few hundred miles. May be rust on the cylinder walls that need to be driven out from sitting so long.

These small block GM motors are very robust and resilient engines.

And great buy for $800! Can’t even fill my home heating oil tank once for that price these days lol !
Yeah. That's what I'll do! Thank you. I appreciate it much. You guys are awesome. It has ALOT of new stuff already on it too. So definitely got a good deal. I know, these prices are ridiculous nowadays. I'll put in some prayers for heating oil to come down for you. Thanks brother.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues