The Magic Box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rpearlberg

Reaction score
Does anyone use The Magic Box to play videos on their screen? Or a cheaper alternative?

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seen it operate and as soon as I get my tax return I am buying it. They send me coupon codes every week.

OutGolfn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes I've tried The Magic Box, but I ended up doing the Carlinkit AI Box running Android 12 with 8gb ram/ 128gb storage from amazon that ends up being $200 with more customizing.

This allowed more storage 128gb and ram 8gb, the magic box I received was 4gb ram and 64. The Magic box was running older Android 11.

On amazon if looking at the Carlinkit AI box make sure you choose the newest one with Android 12 and 8gb ram and 128gb storage this will come in cheaper than the Magic box.

Also you can download the apps from Google Play store and use APKpure to download apps without having to sign into your google account if you want to use it from a strictly entertainment standpoint like we did.

Allows you to use Apple CarPlay wireless, Android Auto, or the full Carlinkit AI android box like tablet/phone with full customization. There is a slight audio/video lip sync issue with any of these when playing video/audio from apps, but maybe a future firmware update will resolve. YouTube, YouTube tv, Netflix, and watching sports is what we wanted it to do and works great. Hope this helps

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rpearlberg

Reaction score
Yes I've tried The Magic Box, but I ended up doing the Carlinkit AI Box running Android 12 with 8gb ram/ 128gb storage from amazon that ends up being $200 with more customizing.

This allowed more storage 128gb and ram 8gb, the magic box I received was 4gb ram and 64. The Magic box was running older Android 11.

On amazon if looking at the Carlinkit AI box make sure you choose the newest one with Android 12 and 8gb ram and 128gb storage this will come in cheaper than the Magic box.

Also you can download the apps from Google Play store and use APKpure to download apps without having to sign into your google account if you want to use it from a strictly entertainment standpoint like we did.

Allows you to use Apple CarPlay wireless, Android Auto, or the full Carlinkit AI android box like tablet/phone with full customization. There is a slight audio/video lip sync issue with any of these when playing video/audio from apps, but maybe a future firmware update will resolve. YouTube, YouTube tv, Netflix, and watching sports is what we wanted it to do and works great. Hope this helps
Thanks! I would also use it for sports, Netflix, Hulu, etc.

OP
OP
R

rpearlberg

Reaction score

Do you have a link to what you bought? Also, which USB does it plug into, the one in the center console would be ideal so it can be out of the way.

OutGolfn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have a link to what you bought? Also, which USB does it plug into, the one in the center console would be ideal so it can be out of the way.
The Carlinkit Android 12 AI Box comes with two cords, USB C and USB A and yes I use the ports under the armrest/center console. With current coupon seller comes in at $199

Link from amazon is Carlinkit AI Android 12 Box

OP
OP
R

rpearlberg

Reaction score
The Carlinkit Android 12 AI Box comes with two cords, USB C and USB A and yes I use the ports under the armrest/center console. With current coupon seller comes in at $199

Link from amazon is Carlinkit AI Android 12 Box
I just got it today. I’ve only spent a few minutes with it but I’ve a couple questions. Do I need the data plan or can I connect it to my phone? What’s the easiest way to mirror whatever video is playing on my phone? If I’m watching Hulu on my phone will it show up on the screen?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts