The Impossible Mod?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mariashark

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I understand what you're saying Josh, and I haven't made a decision either way yet ... there are days that I love the different front end and other times I see the truck from the side and the front looks wrong to me.

5489_st0640_037.jpg

I just want to know if I can make the decision if I wanted to.

I don't have an answer to your question but I will give my feedback. I personally think the Hybrid front end looks a lot better as well and that switching it would be a mistake. That said to fix your issue I think what I would do is look for an extension to the side skirts most likely to bring them down. It would most likely have to be a custom job but for the amount of coin you are considering for swapping the whole front end it most likely wouldn't be a big deal. I think the lower valance adds kind of an aggressive look to the front personally so that is the route I would be looking to go.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See Serge, wearing a mini skirt and showing a little thigh goes a LONG way!

tito teeds

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the swap/conversion is as simple for the yukon and yukon hybrid fronts?

thanks

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the swap/conversion is as simple for the yukon and yukon hybrid fronts?

thanks

Yes, there's no reason why it should be more complicated ... you're essencially swapping the base yukon hybrid parts for those of the yukon denali hybrid.

Jaynu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Serge, I know this thread is a little old and hope you still look at it. I just got an 08 tahoe two days ago and was reading about your desire to do the front end conversion. I was also looking into this and am not sure if this thread had discouraged me or not yet!! I do like the way your truck looks with the chrome grill. Can you tell me how difficult it was to put a none hybrid grill on your truck. Getting ready to buy a new grill because the one on the truck is cracked, want to make sure I get the right one. Feel free to email me direct if it is easier. [email protected]

Thanks
Jason

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi jason,

Actually those are Grillcraft stainless steel mesh grilles made specifically for Tahoe Hybrids.
It's impossible to install the regular LTZ grilles on a Hybrid.

Is that what you meant?

Welcome aboard. :)

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

It's Grillcraft PN CHE-1512-SW fro the two upper grilles and PN CHE-1513-SW for the two little bumper inserts.

Jaynu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes that is what I thought you did. So those are inserts and do not include the frame?

Also I was reading in your previous post about the difference in the hood, were you saying that the length is different or the shape? You indicated it would hang over an inch or two, I can not imagine that the hoods are different lengths when there is no change in the fenders or cal panel. I am just now researching so I apologize if I have overlooked any info already given in this post.

OP
OP
soulsea

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both the length and the shape of the hybrid hoe hood is different from that of the regular hoes.

The creases in the middle are at different locations and the front of the hood above the radiator sticks out farther on the hybrid to line up with the front bumper cover which protrudes farther. If you park them side to side you will spot the difference immediately.

That's why the bumper can't be changed without the hood.

The good news is that the attachment points are the same so the parts are interchangeable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins