The GeoffSFAs10 Kinda sorta but not really Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Geoffsfas10

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I caught a break in the rain and took some pictures at a better location then my driveway. Still just phone shots, I forgot to grab my dslr. Also, sold the OEM wheels today, so I have officially broken even on the new wheels for this truck. Great Success!!!

full

full

full

full

so now it stime to go into adventure mode for the spring, probably wont be modding much yet. Going to start looking into the bilstien 5100s and Wildpeaks for maybe fall or winter.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I caught a break in the rain and took some pictures at a better location then my driveway. Still just phone shots, I forgot to grab my dslr. Also, sold the OEM wheels today, so I have officially broken even on the new wheels for this truck. Great Success!!!

full

full

full

full

so now it stime to go into adventure mode for the spring, probably wont be modding much yet. Going to start looking into the bilstien 5100s and Wildpeaks for maybe fall or winter.
Looks good.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What a world we live in that thats even a sentence haha.

I keep thinking about theblack grills for this too, thoughts?
I’m all for chrome delete.
I know @Rocket Man despises chrome. I like a little myself. Not a lot though. I think yours looks good now, but it may look even better with all black grilles. [emoji6][emoji106]

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know @Rocket Man despises chrome. I like a little myself. Not a lot though. I think yours looks good now, but it may look even better with all black grilles. [emoji6][emoji106]
I mean, a tiny bit of chrome in just the right places on the right vehicle can be ok but I’d rather it not be on any of my vehicles. I prefer polished parts instead of chrome , like my billet wheels or the contrast cut on my Harley wheels. Polished aluminum or stainless steel either way is better but it’s hard to find with certain parts. I just feel chrome itself has been overdone so much that it needs to stop. I think when they started putting fake chrome on plastic is when it fell out of favor to me. image.jpg

OP
OP
Geoffsfas10

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m all for chrome delete.

Im not much one for chrome either. In my opinion, chrome belongs on hot rods and motorcycles. There are nicer finishes for cars. The only chrome thats on mine is the headlight buckets, which wont change, the grill surround and the tahoe letters. Even then, the letters are kinda brushed but i also looked at getting black letters....i dont really like the all black, murdered out, look either but i did replace chrome in the headlights with black. might get a black grill and see how i like it. Im worried it might make the opening look huge

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im not much one for chrome either. In my opinion, chrome belongs on hot rods and motorcycles. There are nicer finishes for cars. The only chrome thats on mine is the headlight buckets, which wont change, the grill surround and the tahoe letters. Even then, the letters are kinda brushed but i also looked at getting black letters....i dont really like the all black, murdered out, look either but i did replace chrome in the headlights with black. might get a black grill and see how i like it. Im worried it might make the opening look huge
Post a pic of the grill (s) you’re looking at.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon