The Case for the Tech-2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
@Rocketman and @gooffeyguy

Might not be an option for the ’02, but here’s where I found the HVAC actuator recalibrate for my ’04.

Set up the Tech 2 with your specific vehicle info and get to this menu:

Powertrain
Body
Chassis
Diag Circuit … (can’t read the rest of my writing – LOL)

Select BODY on that menu

Select your RADIO (not sure why it has to go through this but it is what it is.) I stopped here first time through thinking it was a dead end, but gave it a try on the next pass. I have an aftermarket radio so I just picked whatever one was close to the factory one that was in it originally.

Select HVAC SYSTEM

Select BODY

Select Heat & Air

Select SPECIAL FUNCTIONS

Select HVAC ACTIVATION RECAL

I didn’t go any further than that since I don’t need a recal, but you may find yours in a similar spot on the Tech 2. YMMV. Buried, for sure.

I don't think the dash gauges can be 'swept' on my model year, at least I haven't found that yet on the Tech 2. No transmission fluid life % either.

Solid exploration.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Rocketman and @gooffeyguy

Might not be an option for the ’02, but here’s where I found the HVAC actuator recalibrate for my ’04.

Set up the Tech 2 with your specific vehicle info and get to this menu:

Powertrain
Body
Chassis
Diag Circuit … (can’t read the rest of my writing – LOL)

Select BODY on that menu

Select your RADIO (not sure why it has to go through this but it is what it is.) I stopped here first time through thinking it was a dead end, but gave it a try on the next pass. I have an aftermarket radio so I just picked whatever one was close to the factory one that was in it originally.

Select HVAC SYSTEM

Select BODY

Select Heat & Air

Select SPECIAL FUNCTIONS

Select HVAC ACTIVATION RECAL

I didn’t go any further than that since I don’t need a recal, but you may find yours in a similar spot on the Tech 2. YMMV. Buried, for sure.

I don't think the dash gauges can be 'swept' on my model year, at least I haven't found that yet on the Tech 2. No transmission fluid life % either.
Are you under diagnostics to start or service programming system? I go to diagnostics which is the only thing that takes me in, then I don’t have the option to choose radio or hyacinth, it just goes to a menu that has heating and ac. Then the special functions option is there, and then there’s 2 options- output control and setup new hvac. Utput control just has tests for everything, no calibrations. Setup new hvac just goes to *auxiliary ECC which does nothing.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you under diagnostics to start or service programming system? I go to diagnostics which is the only thing that takes me in, then I don’t have the option to choose radio or hyacinth, it just goes to a menu that has heating and ac. Then the special functions option is there, and then there’s 2 options- output control and setup new hvac. Utput control just has tests for everything, no calibrations. Setup new hvac just goes to *auxiliary ECC which does nothing.

Vehicles have different menu options. Mark, if yours doesn't have HVAC recalibration, try building your truck as a different year or call it an Escalade and see what happens.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

You're in the right spot, Mark, but the HVAC recal doesn't show up in mine until I pick the 2003 year, then it's like I posted. I'm not sure if the 2003 relearn would work on your M.Y.

In the 2002 M.Y. I thought there were some other selections under HVAC to see in what position the blend door, etc. were. If you can find those you might be able to exercise the heater controls to see if the settings change. [EDIT: I just reread your last bit and you already found the settings indicators but no recal.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I still can't even connect to see any of the Heating and AC data or special functions on my 01

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're in the right spot, Mark, but the HVAC recal doesn't show up in mine until I pick the 2003 year, then it's like I posted. I'm not sure if the 2003 relearn would work on your M.Y.

In the 2002 M.Y. I thought there were some other selections under HVAC to see in what position the blend door, etc. were. If you can find those you might be able to exercise the heater controls to see if the settings change. [EDIT: I just reread your last bit and you already found the settings indicators but no recal.)
I can command the doors etc, just no calibration. I do know that a lot of the electronics changed after 2002. I’m not going to worry about it. I’ve used the method of disconnecting the battery and it worked.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I can command the doors etc, just no calibration. I do know that a lot of the electronics changed after 2002. I’m not going to worry about it. I’ve used the method of disconnecting the battery and it worked.

Maybe that's the key? Pre 03, use the old school methods, 03+ use the tool?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SilverSurfer5300

Latest posts