The Blazer is BACK baby!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was done to the Bravada in the background???

Surely a guy who would do that to a Vette must have done something to take advantage of the AWD (same as in the Syclone/Typhoon) in the Bravada.

The Bravada is stock. It was Dick's, wife's baby.
Dick did have a daily driver. An older Jaguar Sedan with a 350cid / huge 'aircraft' turbo !!

( Dick's original job was an aircraft engine engineer,,,,, Before going full-time in auto engineering/racing in the late '50's )

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Older model, correct?

I believe it was a very limited production for civilians. It was built for the military in Italy. V-12 Lambo engine!! ( current market, sells for $350,000 )

Since you are social distancing :), search for " LaForza ". I almost bought one in Laguna Beach, Ca. It has interior leather by Lamborghini, design by Pina Farina ( Ferrari )...
It is extra wide, powered by a Ford V8.
It was a military SUV that could survive a ground-landing by a parachute !!
Unfortunatly, the "SUV" was before SUV's were popular.

Last edited:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe it was a very limited production for civilians. It was built for the military in Italy. V-12 Lambo engine!! ( current market, sells for $350,000 )

Since you are social distancing :), search for " LaForza ". I almost bought one in Laguna Beach, Ca. It has interior leather by Lamborghini, design by Pina Farina ( Ferrari )...
It is extra wide, powered by a Ford V8.
It was a military SUV that could survive a ground-landing by a parachute !!
Unfortunatly, the "SUV" was before SUV's were popular.
Sorry but that thing is ugly and even I couldn’t make it look badass. And the LaForza.... enough said!

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K5=Blazer. New model ....meh

Shame....remember climbing hills in a friends 72 with 33s on Ranchos and a booming system. =BLAZER. One had a baby blue with white top. The other had a dark green metallic with white top. Along with the 69 C10 and 67
Camaro 454 and the other Camaro with blower and slicks...he would do burnouts in our small town.

And the mid 80s bright yellow Camaro owned by a guy called Mike Hunt. Massive system always thumping down the Main Street as everyone cruised the weekends.

Sorry I digress...the Blazer thread. :cool: nostalgia guys...

CMNTMXR57

Reaction score
I agree with everyone on bastardizing a storied name on a Cute Utility Vehicle "appliance". having owned many, including S-Series variants, I cried when they announced it.

HOWEVER, GM is in the business of pushing tin. Not catering to a small minority of automotive enthusiasts. Say what you will about Chrysler Hellcatting everything, still, the majority of automotive purchasing public could give two craps less about 1/4 mile times, or off-road prowess.

With that said, around here (Chicago, one of the largest metropolitan areas in the country), the new Blazer is everywhere, I see about 20 - 30 a day. I see about as many of them as I do Equinox's or Traverse's. GM is selling them plain and simple. Matter of fact, I read an article recently that it was a surprise knock-out hit.

I'm not trying to argue, because again, I am saddened by it also, but...

Q1 2020 sales...

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/04/chevrolet-blazer-sales-numbers-figures-results-q1-2020/

The Blazer is in 7th place, just behind the Honda Pilot and not to far off the Traverse's sales numbers... It's even ahead of the Kia Telluride which is another one I see on every corner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission