The 15+ Supercharger/turbo Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We sell all major brand name superchargers.

I ran a Radix 112 on my 2004 Tahoe, and loved it. You don't need a large one for your engine, as the PCM will max out before the blower will. I would recommend a TVS1900 or the like.

Nacnac

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Would you recommend the 1900 over the 2300 then? What's the difference as far as power? And what makes more sense on a daily driver. I have 70k miles already (2015) so reliability of the entire truck is important to me.
Does whipple make one smaller than the 2.9?
I have a 5.3 by the way.
Thanks

BlackBearPerf

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would you recommend the 1900 over the 2300 then? What's the difference as far as power? And what makes more sense on a daily driver. I have 70k miles already (2015) so reliability of the entire truck is important to me.
Does whipple make one smaller than the 2.9?
I have a 5.3 by the way.
Thanks
For your application the TVS1900 will supply all the airflow that your engine can handle without major modifications.

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can these supercharger kits maintain low enough IAT's to safely tow at the full factory tow rating. Towing my boat with the family and gear puts me right at the tow rating and I am not nice to it. It has plenty of power but more power is more better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can these supercharger kits maintain low enough IAT's to safely tow at the full factory tow rating. Towing my boat with the family and gear puts me right at the tow rating and I am not nice to it. It has plenty of power but more power is more better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes sir, you shouldn't have any problems in that regard. As intake temps increase you'll automatically have the timing reduction needed to maintain safe operation. You'll likely not have to work the vehicle nearly as hard to get the power needed to accelerate and maintain speed.

Fifty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aside from how the power comes in, or the displacement of the Charger; are their any benefits of the magnussen or the whipple or the edelbrock over the others?

Larger cooler? Larger heat exchanger? Better built pieces, more frills in the kit etc?

I know on the dodge side, the whipple kit is a better built kit and has more cooling capacity, but that doesn't mean it carries over to all of their platform kits.

Justin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aside from how the power comes in, or the displacement of the Charger; are their any benefits of the magnussen or the whipple or the edelbrock over the others?

Larger cooler? Larger heat exchanger? Better built pieces, more frills in the kit etc?

I know on the dodge side, the whipple kit is a better built kit and has more cooling capacity, but that doesn't mean it carries over to all of their platform kits.

We would equally recommend the Edelbrock and the Magnacharger. Both are high quality kits with fantastic instructions and both have well-designed bypass setups. It would really come down to aesthetic styling and pricing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC