Texas Speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get used to searching with L92 and LS3 filters. Aside from yours having flex fuel, it's an L92 and aside from it being the truck variant, it's "basically" an LS3.

Call them, their customer service is top notch and the guys know what they're talking about. I have placed 5 orders from them and the only time I did one online was because I didn't have my debit card on me while I was on the phone.

25-LS3Camkit660 is the cam kit you want. It will give you drop downs to pick which cam you want, spring kit you want, oil pump etc. I would go ahead and replace the oil pump since the front cover will be off anyways. When I had mine apart doing everything I put the Melling High Volume 10296 pump in along with the pickup tube Orings and I'm running about 30psi hot idle, 40psi while driving, 60psi cold start on 192k mile L92.

CHE trunnion upgrade = Yes

VVT delete is up to you, I did it because of the cam I selected, not everyone has to though.

Think about getting a converter unless you want to keep the cam pretty mild. TSP sells a Circle D for our 6.2/6L80 combos and it works great.

The following is the most important part
No matter your options above. DO NOT get anything other than the following for lifters, trays, gaskets.
Lifters 12499225
Head Gasket
Trays 12595365

Those are the gmpp lifters and gaskets, not an oem ls7 setup or knockoff parts. But the good stuff. Trays are oem but are the only ones that should go in your engine.

+1 for the parts recommendation, and my personal recommendation would be to get a VVT-friendly cam.

Barney FLint

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We went to test drive a nice 2016 GMC Yukon Denali. That was until we started the engine. Had a very noticable tapping sound that did not go away with a restart. We did not drive the vehicle and the salesman said they would check it out and let us know. Few days later the car was off their web site. Guessing they did not want to put a motor in it.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We went to test drive a nice 2016 GMC Yukon Denali. That was until we started the engine. Had a very noticable tapping sound that did not go away with a restart. We did not drive the vehicle and the salesman said they would check it out and let us know. Few days later the car was off their web site. Guessing they did not want to put a motor in it.

They probably shipped it off to auction!

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Now do not confuse the loud direct injection (fuel injection) with lifters it can sound very similar to the average consumer

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Don't do it! I had a 2014, 2015, 2015, and a 2017. They all had stupid issues. Read the forums. Too much to list. I gave up and traded my Denali 6.2 for a Mercedes and bought a 2013 Suburban LTZ as our second truck. So happy to be back in the LS truck. I have been a GM truck owner for over 30 years and have never seen more issues with any other platform than the 2014-2018. At the price point its just unacceptable.

Good luck