Texas Speed vs Speed Engineering headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

09_4WD_YUKON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put a set of TX Speed on the 02 1500HD I had, They fit good.

OP
OP
HurricaneSSeason
Reaction score
Got my headers installed today. Had 5 broken bolts, he got 3 out by the stud, drilled out the rear passenger side and used a Dorman clamp on the rear drivers side. Deleted the cats and added a magnaflow muffler... I'm happy w the sound. BUT he mentioned it was tuff to work around the steering and I noticed my steering felt tight when I left. When I got closer to home it felt like it was sticking when turned. Any idea what it might be? I'm taking it back tomorrow, and is like to have some idea what the problem is

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my headers installed today. Had 5 broken bolts, he got 3 out by the stud, drilled out the rear passenger side and used a Dorman clamp on the rear drivers side. Deleted the cats and added a magnaflow muffler... I'm happy w the sound. BUT he mentioned it was tuff to work around the steering and I noticed my steering felt tight when I left. When I got closer to home it felt like it was sticking when turned. Any idea what it might be? I'm taking it back tomorrow, and is like to have some idea what the problem is
Just look for anything rubbing against any steering components or anything he might have pried against and bent.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Gotta post up a sound clip.