Texas speed stage 3 low lift cam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spdtrp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just wanted to share my thoughts on putting a cam in one of these trucks. I have an 05 tahoe ppv with around 150k. It started making a lifter noise so i started ordering parts. I went with a texas speed low lift stage 3, 216/220 112lsa and it comes with ls6 blue springs. Also installed pacesetter headers and y pipe. It has a k&n tube only to the stock air box. I also threw in a stock trailblazer I6 converter in it. Mostly everything else is OE. Got it all back together and street tuned and it drives amazing. From idle to 3k it drives just like stock, even with the converter locked it still feels like it has more at 2k on the highway than before. Now after 3k its a different story, it starts pulling and by 4300 your back in seat. Pulls strong to 6k and man its fun. If your thinking about a cam/stall or have a lifter making noise its one of the best decisions you can make.

OP
OP
S

spdtrp

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes, it had a roller go down on the lifter on cylinder 4 and wore the cam down. Actually been seeing more of these failures lately on gen 3 stuff.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love the cam that I put into my burb. matched it with a 3200 converter.... big girl moves out now.

Chase Epperson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this is a really old thread but I’m thinking about doing the same cam in my hoe with the same converter. Has yours seen a dyno? I’m curious to see how much HP to expect to gain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk