Tesla Cybertruck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the oil company's see electric really starting to make a impact they will buy them all up with there billions and the cycle will continue

No chance.

Regardless...virtually all auto manufacturers now either have hybrids or PHEVs. Many have full EVs in the pipe. Including Chevy and Ford.

Big oil better have some deep pockets...Tesla’s market cap alone is $60B

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mark my words, at some point the bill will come due and the fees at the "free" charging stations will kick in big time. Like getting hooked on drugs, it feels good now but the price will be paid. When no one is paying the fed and state gas taxes at the pump, how will the roads be funded?

007matman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We can revisit this conversation when I can pull my RV 12-14 hours per day with an electric vehicle across the US with 2-3, 10-minute stops for top-offs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark my words, at some point the bill will come due and the fees at the "free" charging stations will kick in big time. Like getting hooked on drugs, it feels good now but the price will be paid. When no one is paying the fed and state gas taxes at the pump, how will the roads be funded?

So now EV’s ARE going to catch on to such a degree that revenue from petroleum will plummet?

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We can revisit this conversation when I can pull my RV 12-14 hours per day with an electric vehicle across the US with 2-3, 10-minute stops for top-offs.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

We’ll let you know! Bye now!

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Revenue is already down with higher mpg vehicles. Slow erosion is still erosion.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m definitely not opposed to alternative forms of power. The problem comes when we force things in place that can’t stand up on their own. Where it makes sense to use solar, do it. Same with hydro, and all other reasonable options. Forcing it, and mandating changes coming from bureaucrats, rather than science and common sense is problematic, as well as expensive for the taxpayers. It’s also troubling that certain methods are propped up and claimed to be better for environmental reasons, while ignoring parts of the fuel cycle. (Think batteries)

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Revenue is already down with higher mpg vehicles. Slow erosion is still erosion.

30% of road maintenance revenue comes from gas taxes. Gas usage would need to plummet to see that materially impacted. If it does, they’ll figure out a way to make it up. You can bet on that.

Either way, the genie is out of the bottle. Hybrids, PHEV and EV’s are not going away...no matter fussy they make old dudes on the internet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu