Terry towels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

briarpatch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For general microfiber needs, look no further than the Rag Company. If, however, you're looking for the best drying towel known to exist, then Griots Garage PFM (Pure Freakin Magic) drying towel is the one you want. Search any detailing forum you want and you'll hear the same advice. The PFMs are expensive, but worth it.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Seems I gotta get with the times. I've bought some but the cheap ones are so small they're a bit uncomfortable in my large hands. I'll have to buy some decent ones.
Thanks for the suggestions

Absolutely! I remember the time decades ago when I used a chamois to dry. Nowadays I definitely use a large super absorbing microfiber (patting to dry...no wiping!) and only after drying it first with a leaf blower. I’m thinking I must have that Griots Garage one, because it’s awesome!

Since you’re getting with the times...now would be a good time to get different color microfibers for different jobs (ie. Red for Polish, Yellow for engine, Blue for interior, etc...).

OP
OP
96-2D-Hoe

96-2D-Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still use a chamois. Haven't found any drying cloth that works better. Those colored ones are too small. I like the grey ones I bought from Walmart I posted above.

briarpatch

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I still use a chamois. Haven't found any drying cloth that works better. Those colored ones are too small. I like the grey ones I bought from Walmart I posted above.

Check out the Griots Garage PFM drying towel....the chamois will be relegated to the shelf.

DanielYukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I use the Kirkland MF towels from Costco. Goes to the washing machine before using them. First use is for buffing polishing paint. Then it's handed down to interiors and lastly for engines and tires. Costs only $16 for 36pcs a pack. Been buying it for 3 years now especially when it's on sale that goes to $10bucks. Whatta deal!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd