Temp Gauge / wire??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My battery went dead ( dome lights on all day)..... I had AAA replace the battery ( at no cost)..... The tech fumbled a bit to get it secured properly.... When I left, I noticed the temp gauge was not working ..... When I start the truck, the gauge does 'bump' a bit... But no temp..... Later I just wiggled ALL the wires and it now works......

Which wire do I need to inspect????

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...Which wire do I need to inspect????

Anything that was touched, particularly the ground. Make sure it's fully secure to the battery terminal and frame (or engine- wherever it goes on these things). The temp sensor is at the front left corner of the engine, in the cylinder head. The battery isn't too far away. Maybe you have a loose connection to that sensor and it was disturbed during the battery swap, then fixed when you wiggled wires.

156-bad-coolant-temp-sensor-engine_coolant_sensor2.jpg

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything that was touched, particularly the ground. Make sure it's fully secure to the battery terminal and frame (or engine- wherever it goes on these things). The temp sensor is at the front left corner of the engine, in the cylinder head. The battery isn't too far away. Maybe you have a loose connection to that sensor and it was disturbed during the battery swap, then fixed when you wiggled wires.

View attachment 365377
Cool, thanks...... Wow... an answer including a great picture .... I feel special !!

BigRed300r

Reaction score
I have herd that Sometimes when the battery dies or is disconnected for any reason there is an internal battery in the BCM. If that battery is bad then when the main battery is disconnected or goes bad then it kinda looses its memory. Try to relearn the bcm to pcm and see if that works. YouTube has several videos on this process.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have herd that Sometimes when the battery dies or is disconnected for any reason there is an internal battery in the BCM. If that battery is bad then when the main battery is disconnected or goes bad then it kinda looses its memory. Try to relearn the bcm to pcm and see if that works. YouTube has several videos on this process.
Thanks... I'll check that out... In the meantime, I wiggled the wire and the temp worked again.
( But I don't like bandaids, so i will learn to 'relearn'. :deal:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastline22