Tell me all your lies, rumors, and facts about 'Ceramic Paint'

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MaizeNBlue98

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did the CQuartz on my 2018 Black Denali. Mine did run into the 4 figures, but I opted for significant paint correction. As Scottydoggs mentioned, with black I wanted all the swirls gone. It's been 10 months since it was coated, and it holds up great so far. Water still beads like the day I got it, dirt and even tree sap seem to come off easier (tree sap still needs the hand sanitizer trick). The shop I took it to posts blogs and the link below is the one highlighting my job. The end shows the glossy depth of the black that just wasn't there with factory clear coat and wax. If you hate waxing and like a little of the car show gloss look I would highly recommend. Otherwise it's not some super coating that encases the car in armor. If I wanted long term protection I would go with Xpel, but then you're talking well into 4 figures.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the CQuartz on my 2018 Black Denali. Mine did run into the 4 figures, but I opted for significant paint correction. As Scottydoggs mentioned, with black I wanted all the swirls gone. It's been 10 months since it was coated, and it holds up great so far. Water still beads like the day I got it, dirt and even tree sap seem to come off easier (tree sap still needs the hand sanitizer trick). The shop I took it to posts blogs and the link below is the one highlighting my job. The end shows the glossy depth of the black that just wasn't there with factory clear coat and wax. If you hate waxing and like a little of the car show gloss look I would highly recommend. Otherwise it's not some super coating that encases the car in armor. If I wanted long term protection I would go with Xpel, but then you're talking well into 4 figures.

Awesome man! Your Denali looks killer with that coating! That’s awesome! What I’d give as a detailer to have a shop like that..... lol

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score

black is about the worst color ever as far as showing swirls and every other damn imperfection. i own a black car, never again i tell ya, never.....

you got super lucky there right out the factory i see, good flat/straight paint and body panels.

looks like a black mirror.

OP
OP
homesick

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's what I'm after. I want to preserve it but I don't want to work at it.

joe

OP
OP
homesick

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's an update- I'm gonne take the truck in next Monday. He'll have it for the week.

He's gonna...

1-- Do the ceramic paint thing. This includes the clay bar and UV (I think) lights.

2-- condition the leather.

3-- Super Rain-X (I forget the actual name) all the glass.

4-- Remove and powdercoat the roof rack (Unless he encounters any indication of corroded fasteners, rough threads, ect. We don't want any broken fasteners or leaks, especially leaks. The truck's in great shape but it's 23 years old, so you never know.)

5-- Install driving/fog lights (yellow).

Not that it matters but this guy has an immaculate red '68 Nova and a wet dream of a white '70 SS396 Chevelle.

joe

OP
OP
homesick

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL Everyone already bored with this? Well, I promised, so here goes. I call this my truck's Glamour Shots...

I was always more interested in protection than I was in shine, so it took a few days looking at it for me to appreciate the looks. It's smoother and shinier looking, kind of a wet look; and slicker feeling.

The wheels pop. I was never a big fan of wet look tire dressing, but I'm getting used to it- even liking it a little. It helps that they, somehow, blended the dressing in as it hits the treads; so there's no abrupt edges to the shiny look.

The roof rack looks great, and hasn't leaked (so far). I honestly can't see or feel any difference in the leather, but a yearly treatment will supposedly keep it from cracking. The windshield does shed water better, but I never minded turning the wipers on.

The driving and fog lights look ok to me under the tag; but I'm interested in y'all's opinions of that too. I don't want the lights bolted to the bumper. This is a cheaper experiment to hopefully save me the expense of replacing the bumper, or cutting it, for the lights. And, at least, the wiring and switches are installed now. You can see the switches next to the factory light switch.

LOL My wife said the lights look like buck teeth. I told that to my bud and he named the truck 'Mater.

GlamorShots 01 110718.jpg GlamorShots 06 110918.jpg GlamorShots 08 110918.jpg GlamorShots 09 111118.jpg GlamorShots 04 110718.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
LOL Everyone already bored with this? Well, I promised, so here goes. I call this my truck's Glamour Shots...

I was always more interested in protection than I was in shine, so it took a few days looking at it for me to appreciate the looks. It's smoother and shinier looking, kind of a wet look; and slicker feeling.

The wheels pop. I was never a big fan of wet look tire dressing, but I'm getting used to it- even liking it a little. It helps that they, somehow, blended the dressing in as it hits the treads; so there's no abrupt edges to the shiny look.

The roof rack looks great, and hasn't leaked (so far). I honestly can't see or feel any difference in the leather, but a yearly treatment will supposedly keep it from cracking. The windshield does shed water better, but I never minded turning the wipers on.

The driving and fog lights look ok to me under the tag; but I'm interested in y'all's opinions of that too. I don't want the lights bolted to the bumper. This is a cheaper experiment to hopefully save me the expense of replacing the bumper, or cutting it, for the lights. And, at least, the wiring and switches are installed now. You can see the switches next to the factory light switch.

LOL My wife said the lights look like buck teeth. I told that to my bud and he named the truck 'Mater.

View attachment 210643 View attachment 210644 View attachment 210645 View attachment 210646 View attachment 210647
I think it looks good, and the fogs do look like buck teeth!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts