Tech2 scanner/Autel MK808

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So what all is needed to use a Tech2, and be able to access stuff like programming key fobs and stuff?

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
As long as you are getting the software 33.004 you'll be fine. Got a link to the ad?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/3631046 , Thanks for the reply, ill let them know the software ID and maybe that will help. I guess i have to appreciate that they appear to want to get the order right but i am anxious to start learning the tech2.

Update, Confirming the software was all it took and it will be shipped tomorrow! Thanks for the SW info!

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So what all is needed to use a Tech2, and be able to access stuff like programming key fobs and stuff?

Good Morning Tom, It's good to have the shop manual like the ones we talk about from ebay and or a subscription to AllDataDIY. The manual can tell you what tests to run or what to look for, parameters and such.

If you're looking for one, make sure it comes with the CANdi module and the 33.004 North American software. They'll also come with multiple adapters, power supplies and such and connectors used for self-testing. Many include the TIS2000 software which allows you to at the least download a snapshot and view on a computer screen.

My laptop does not have a serial port so I bought an adapter that everyone recommended and it works seamlessly.

homesick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Morning Tom, It's good to have the shop manual like the ones we talk about from ebay and or a subscription to AllDataDIY. The manual can tell you what tests to run or what to look for, parameters and such.

If you're looking for one, make sure it comes with the CANdi module and the 33.004 North American software. They'll also come with multiple adapters, power supplies and such and connectors used for self-testing. Many include the TIS2000 software which allows you to at the least download a snapshot and view on a computer screen.

My laptop does not have a serial port so I bought an adapter that everyone recommended and it works seamlessly.

What's the adapter?

joe

harveje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested in the package from Aliexpress.. After you get yours will you share your thoughts and any downfalls? I need (like to have) a tech 2 and IDS. Thanks,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rs401