Tech2 menu help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What code is setting the SRS light?
B0100 & B0103 if I remember correctly. Corresponds to both front sensors low performance. I already tried replacing the sensors with spares from the wreckers with no change. The code first popped this past winter and there doesn’t appear to be any visually obvious damage to the harness but the carpet go really wet from a hole in the floor and the module was severely corroded. 207342E6-DB1A-413B-82FF-9C7F5A3852F6.jpeg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under the Body Control Module heading, look for the option of module set up. I think Wes went a page too far.

I've attached the Tech-2 Pathing file I have. It's for every car, not just one specific one and the menus change from year to year so use it as a guide, not as absolute.

Attachments

• Pathing - GM Tech-2 - 2014.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 9

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Under the Body Control Module heading, look for the option of module set up. I think Wes went a page too far.

I've attached the Tech-2 Pathing file I have. It's for every car, not just one specific one and the menus change from year to year so use it as a guide, not as absolute.
Thanks! I have the full manual from Vetronix, but the pathing PDF you have will be handy. I have filed it on my Google Drive for future use.

OP
OP
S

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This is awesome - thanks so much for sharing. I'm hoping to have a go at it tomorrow evening. I'll post back if I run into any problems.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My display only reads “F4 ID Information”. I installed the new module but there was no option to do a VIN relearn. BUT - no more airbag light! I assume this fixed it and I’ll keep an eye out for codes. Bottom of the old unit looked pretty bad.
wierd, but cool, glad it fixed the issue

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that unit receives its electrical ground path through the case and connection to the chassis, I would say that a good ground connection was near impossible with that level of surface corrosion.

OP
OP
S

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that unit receives its electrical ground path through the case and connection to the chassis, I would say that a good ground connection was near impossible with that level of surface corrosion.
I’m not sure if it shows in the pic but the epoxy fill was separating from the case around the one edge and could possibly have exposed the circuit board to more moisture. Also, this happened during the winter so freezing was also a possibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC