Tech2 manual

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

usnret

Reaction score
Broke down and bought a Tech2 from ChinaCarDiags. Came with multiple unmarked CD's but no info on what to do. Does anyone know if there is a manual somewhere?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the CDs should have the basic manual, how to run the self-tests and what all the buttons and accessories mean. The shop manual that you subscribe to through AllDataDIY or buy in pdf form from SeriousCTBuyer works with the Tech2. One of the other CDs may contain the old software that was good for vehicles up to about 2008. I've been able to install it on a Windows 7 machine but have not used it. @Rocket Man may have been able to get it installed on an even newer machine. Some of us have the little "crack" usb drive to get it working. It can also be downloaded from the Saab and Corvette forums. There are some tutorials on youtube.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s handy.

Here is the one I found and printed off. I think it probably was the same content, but I liked the portrait orientation. It fit in one of my old binders. I contacted the seller of my unit on eBay and told him the doc CD was unreadable, he said, “new CD $35”, so I think the average small business in China probably has a ways to go in the CS area. I hope he understood what pounding sand was... :)

https://gsi.ext.gm.com/userguides/GM_Tech2_User_Guide.pdf

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the one I found and printed off. I think it probably was the same content, but I liked the portrait orientation. It fit in one of my old binders. I contacted the seller of my unit on eBay and told him the doc CD was unreadable, he said, “new CD $35”, so I think the average small business in China probably has a ways to go in the CS area. I hope he understood what pounding sand was... :)

https://gsi.ext.gm.com/userguides/GM_Tech2_User_Guide.pdf
Not the with 6 you get egg roll mentality. Lol.

I spent a couple of hours playing with mine in thecopcar last night. I suppose I should RTFM.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not the with 6 you get egg roll mentality. Lol.

I spent a couple of hours playing with mine in thecopcar last night. I suppose I should RTFM.

there are a few navigation tips and the specific instruction about external power to the cable versus the unit when plugged into the ODB, but other than that and some debug test stuff, not a great deal more of importance.

I did stumble upon a site that had a bunch of GM produced diagnostic videos, bu5 haven’t been able to find it again. I think I have to get the search words just right, or it might have been a link from a link, not sure. Still looking.