Tech 2 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Question about the CANDi module. I don't use it on my GMT800 but am curious about seeing if it works. When I power up the Tech 2 with the AC/DC converter, and have the CANDi module connected inline, the Tech 2 doesn't seem to recognize the CANDi module. Does it need to be connected to a vehicle's OBD port for the CANDi light to flash (which is how I understand it shows it's good), or even light up?

If so, is there any harm in connecting the Tech 2 and CANDi to my GMT800 to see if it will show as connected?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Question about the CANDi module. I don't use it on my GMT800 but am curious about seeing if it works. When I power up the Tech 2 with the AC/DC converter, and have the CANDi module connected inline, the Tech 2 doesn't seem to recognize the CANDi module. Does it need to be connected to a vehicle's OBD port for the CANDi light to flash (which is how I understand it shows it's good), or even light up?

If so, is there any harm in connecting the Tech 2 and CANDi to my GMT800 to see if it will show as connected?
Yes it has to be connected to the port (or the included DC power supply if it came with one) to light up and you can leave it connected when hooking up to your GMT800, I always do.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Yes it has to be connected to the port (or the included DC power supply if it came with one) to light up and you can leave it connected when hooking up to your GMT800, I always do.

The 800 doesn't use it though, right? You just leave it connected for convenience and working on the other truck, or what?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can also save a few bucks and pick up a vxdiag it does most of the same functions as a tech2, they run about $135, it's been an experience getting the software to work but it functions as a tech2 ok. I almost have it doing gds2 also I can get the gds2 software to run in a virtual machine but it wont detect the device, the ebay seller has been pretty helpful so far were still working on it.

vxdiag.jpg vxdiag1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos