Tech 2 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I bet you will have it plugged in and driving around looking at live data before you go to bed!

That will be on Sunday and Monday on my days off. I want to watch all the info on the 2 cd's sent with it. There is nothing to read, just the cd's.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonna be sitting and reading anything that came with it and see what is what.
just google about it, I did a google tech2 101 quick learn, there are some original owners manual pages on various places on the internet that cover little things like which vin number to pick, even though there is a limited choice anyway it only takes a few tries to figure most of it out, I ran into a few obstacles when I was using it on my 03 but I figured out I was just using the wrong vin number, Now I have the 18 Silverado and I have to pay to play for that one on gds2 $59 for 3 days, there is another choice for more money and/or $750 for a year :mad: even if i get the Autell unit you still have to pay a yearly fee

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have the 33.004 software but there's nowhere to enter a VIN. Kinda wish my vehicle selection could be saved and available to select at startup; as it is, I have to go through all the make/model/year/chassis info every time I power it up. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or haven't found the 'door' yet.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the 33.004 software but there's nowhere to enter a VIN. Kinda wish my vehicle selection could be saved and available to select at startup; as it is, I have to go through all the make/model/year/chassis info every time I power it up. Maybe I'm doing it wrong or haven't found the 'door' yet.
you don't enter the vin number you select the single vin number/alpha when entering for diagnostics that corresponds with your vehicle.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok, I use "K" from my VIN. Glad you clarified.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros