Tech 2 Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I'm happy to report that I got my new clone MDI2 in today. After a bit of fiddling got it to program my seat and my lift gate, so now I've got POWAH back again.

And now I'm the... proud? owner of a Tech2 and an MDI2. Whee.
Where did you purchase it, and at what price?

TrybalRage

Reaction score
Where did you purchase it, and at what price?
Chinacardiags, it was $210, did not include any software. Took about 2 weeks to get here.

ACDelcoTDS installed the drivers/software it needed, but for some reason it wouldn't program modules until I selected it as an MDI (first generation) not MDI2, which is a little weird. I was just winging the setup though so who knows.

TrybalRage

Reaction score
Little bit of a funny story, I also updated my radio to the latest config files. Took the truck out for a quick run yesterday (trying to complete my readiness monitors for inspection) and turned the radio on... and it came on at ONE HUNDRED PERCENT VOLUME. I almost drove off the road, lol!

No volume control whatsoever, hahaha.

Turns out I wrote the wrong config to it. A quick update and all is well.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little bit of a funny story, I also updated my radio to the latest config files. Took the truck out for a quick run yesterday (trying to complete my readiness monitors for inspection) and turned the radio on... and it came on at ONE HUNDRED PERCENT VOLUME. I almost drove off the road, lol!

No volume control whatsoever, hahaha.

Turns out I wrote the wrong config to it. A quick update and all is well.
this got me wondering.. I have a 2011 and I hate the way the radio looks screen wise. think windows 3.1 lol. but the newer 2013 radio I've seen on ebay look much better screen wise. I'm wondering if you can flash a older radio with the newer software and it still work correctly or if I could pick up ebay one and program it to work with my older truck.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this got me wondering.. I have a 2011 and I hate the way the radio looks screen wise. think windows 3.1 lol. but the newer 2013 radio I've seen on ebay look much better screen wise. I'm wondering if you can flash a older radio with the newer software and it still work correctly or if I could pick up ebay one and program it to work with my older truck.
man that was the 1st thing that got yanked out, the factory radio was out of date before the vehicle hit the showroom floor
one of the good things is you can put in a newer wireless android auto/car play deck and be up to date. Each model year it gets harder to do because they integrate so much into the radio.

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man that was the 1st thing that got yanked out, the factory radio was out of date before the vehicle hit the showroom floor
one of the good things is you can put in a newer wireless android auto/car play deck and be up to date. Each model year it gets harder to do because they integrate so much into the radio.
yeah, I've looked a bit at them, but this a hybrid so it has the hybrid mapping thing, not that it's needed but the newer one looks nicer and would do all I needed in this truck.

I can't believe I have a 2011 fully loaded thing with like 6 microphones to adjust sound levels to volume, rear DVD drop down and all but it doesn't have Bluetooth to play music from your phone haha.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, I've looked a bit at them, but this a hybrid so it has the hybrid mapping thing, not that it's needed but the newer one looks nicer and would do all I needed in this truck.

I can't believe I have a 2011 fully loaded thing with like 6 microphones to adjust sound levels to volume, rear DVD drop down and all but it doesn't have Bluetooth to play music from your phone haha.
disconnect those mic's and it really brightens the sound up, Add a subwoofer and better yet

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is this about sound level mics?
the ANC mic's basically create a artificial filter and lower the output, when I added a sub to mine I was getting a lot of feedback hum. I discovered this was because of the anc mic's, so I disconnected them and not only did it eliminate the hum but it sounded better to me overall.
the active noise cancellation is designed to drown out any exterior noise so you do not hear it, this is done by creating a opposing sound thereby "canceling it out"
so if there is a sssshhh sound around you it creates hhhssss sound.
maybe if you normally listen at low volume this may sound fine but I usually have the radio jamming and there is a noticeable gain in the output with the mics offline.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2