Tech 2 Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JGib

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just a fyi, when I ordered mine back in November, there was a discrepancy between the ad and what was listed in checkout. Emailed them and the immediately replied. It showed free shipping but then it added shipping in the cart but after emailing they corrected it.

Millennium Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's time for me to buy a Tech 2 now, as well. I see the chinacardiags site has a model SP23 and variations of that for different prices. They have a chart that lists the different packages, and rates them as "good", "better", and "best". The chart shows the SP23-B kit as being the "best" package stating it's easier to connect and use, but when I compare it to the SP23 kit, I don't see any differences between the two. The SP23 is $369 and free shipping whereas the SP23-B is $349 plus $113 shipping. Is there any difference between the two kits to justify the difference in costs? Or is it just confusion created by the Chinese-to-English translation? Thanks.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's time for me to buy a Tech 2 now, as well. I see the chinacardiags site has a model SP23 and variations of that for different prices. They have a chart that lists the different packages, and rates them as "good", "better", and "best". The chart shows the SP23-B kit as being the "best" package stating it's easier to connect and use, but when I compare it to the SP23 kit, I don't see any differences between the two. The SP23 is $369 and free shipping whereas the SP23-B is $349 plus $113 shipping. Is there any difference between the two kits to justify the difference in costs? Or is it just confusion created by the Chinese-to-English translation? Thanks.

I can’t answer your specific question. FWIW, the exact same package is offered on Alibaba.com for $220. I suspect all the guys selling these clones on eBay are just buying their’s locally on Alibaba. You can download the English app and everything is translated and in US dollars. I think you can cut out the middle man, maybe save a few bucks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there all the same, you might be better off ordering it from the usa makes returns a lot easier if there is any issue
this one is $298 and ships from California
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tech-2-Dia...399147?hash=item3b58a6d5ab:g:rTwAAOSwXbVe2Z8k
disregard where it says it only works on cars not trucks because they mean like bigger trucks over 8600lbs which is what it always ask's in the tech2 menu it will work on the suv's, cars and pickups.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there all the same, you might be better off ordering it from the usa makes returns a lot easier if there is any issue
this one is $298 and ships from California
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tech-2-Dia...399147?hash=item3b58a6d5ab:g:rTwAAOSwXbVe2Z8k
disregard where it says it only works on cars not trucks because they mean like bigger trucks over 8600lbs which is what it always ask's in the tech2 menu it will work on the suv's, cars and pickups.
And you won’t wait a month for the slow boat from China.:mad:

Millennium Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys, that was fast! I do have an '05 Sierra 2500HD with the Duramax, and I've wondered if these units would work with it. If it does work on my Duramax, then I'm going to order one.

wsteele, I had forgotten about Alibaba.

Doubeleive, I like that deal. I might even be able to get mine this week.

That, too, Rocket Man. Most of the units I saw that shipped from China had at least a mid-April delivery date.

Last edited:

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, guys, that was fast! I do have an '05 Sierra 2500HD with the Duramax, and I've wondered if these units would work with it. If it does work on my Duramax, then I'm going to order one.

wsteele, I had forgotten about Alibaba.

Doubeleive, I like that deal. I might even be able to get mine this week.

That, too, Rocket Man. Most of the units I saw that shipped from China had at least a mid-April delivery date.

I got mine in about 10 days, when they quoted over a month. I think they don’t actually know how long it will take, most get it in about 10-14 days. Mine came DHL.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got mine in about 10 days, when they quoted over a month. I think they don’t actually know how long it will take, most get it in about 10-14 days. Mine came DHL.
I find when ordering from China it’s a crapshoot. And I’ve ordered a lot of stuff from there. Seems like if it goes through the right customs port it’s fast but if it hits one like NY it might sit there for weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt