Tech 2 Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

camperhead

Reaction score
Got my new Tech 2 clone tool today. It will not connect to any vehicle that has to use the CANdi module. I have tried to run the two CANdi test and it fails both of them. Any insights or do I have a bad tool?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
take it all apart, make sure everything is clean and looks good, put it back together (tight), it has a self test function in the menu.
also there are a few unsupported vehicles, what are you trying to use it on?

OP
OP
C

camperhead

Reaction score
take it all apart, make sure everything is clean and looks good, put it back together (tight), it has a self test function in the menu.
also there are a few unsupported vehicles, what are you trying to use it on?
Ive tried it on three vehicles. First two with the CANdi module 2011 suburban and 07 Duramax, both said" Candi module was not detected for Tech2" then I tried it with no module in a 1998 S10. It connected to it no problem

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I just got my Tech 2 but have not used yet. Same software upgrade number. Maybe you have a bad CANdi module? I am really curious now. I have an 02. What years did it start to be a must for the CANdi module?

OP
OP
C

camperhead

Reaction score
I just got my Tech 2 but have not used yet. Same software upgrade number. Maybe you have a bad CANdi module? I am really curious now. I have an 02. What years did it start to be a must for the CANdi module?
Best I can tell it depends on the specific vehicle. GM starting add CAN Bus as they went along. My verison 33.004

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
My version is the 33.004 as well. I just assumed that maybe the CANdi module is not needed till NNBS 2007 and higher/newer.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did you do what I said to do? and then run the self diagnostic? the cables & connectors on these need to be tight, I always check mine before I use it each time.

OP
OP
C

camperhead

Reaction score
did you do what I said to do? and then run the self diagnostic? the cables & connectors on these need to be tight, I always check mine before I use it each time.
I'm not sure what you mean by take it apart? Take the ends a part or what? They are clean and very tight to push together

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my new Tech 2 clone tool today. It will not connect to any vehicle that has to use the CANdi module. I have tried to run the two CANdi test and it fails both of them. Any insights or do I have a bad tool?

Is the light on the Candi on and is it solid or flashing? In the main menu, did you run the Candi self tests? Did it pass? Also on the main menu you can set to bypass or auto bypass or something like that.

When mine was new, sometimes the main menu on the Tech-2 would show the Candi connected, sometimes not. Turned out to be a bad OBDII connector and not the Can Bus module.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442