Tech 2 help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
no I see 148.000 I have a Saab memory card installed in the tech 2.
on the obs you will need a gm software card and the tis2000 working, there is usually a small file (key) that gets put into the tis2000 software to unlock the software
once you have that part done then you need to use the db9 to rj45 adapter and a ethernet cable, if you have trouble with communicating then you need to check the serial port settings the computer and software have to match settings, i.e. com port 4, 9600 baud, etc.
all the files you need will be in the tis2000 software already you will not need to be connected to techline at all as far as I know. I don't think there is any files or updates that you can get online everything is already in the tis2000 software including programming modules.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, the initial problem is the software on the Tech 2 card. The Saab software isn't going to work on the Chevy. Until then, all you can work on is the comm between the Tech 2 and the computer.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My goal is to do the pass thru which I believe would allow me to program a second key fob, would also like to re-program the door lock.

You shouldn't need the Tech 2 to program a second key fob; see the video I posted in an earlier message. Of course, you haven't yet told us what vehicle you have, or did I miss that?

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@Rick R
Please describe how you are connecting your tech2 to your laptop. You may actually need a usb to serial adapter.

From post #9: "keyspan Model USA-19HS-C USB serial adapter"

As @Doubeleive noted, he'll probably have to see which port the serial adapter gets from his PC, then match that in the Tech 2 settings.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
From post #9: "keyspan Model USA-19HS-C USB serial adapter"

As @Doubeleive noted, he'll probably have to see which port the serial adapter gets from his PC, then match that in the Tech 2 settings.

To be clear, the "Tech 2 settings" I noted would be in the computer's TIS2000 or Techline settings, whichever one is being used.

I'm only familiar with the TIS2000 settings since I've never done any online connection for programming. I have an old XP laptop dedicated to TIS2000, and that's all I need. For my GMT800 Techline doesn't have any updated calibrations that TIS2000 doesn't have.

OP
OP
R

Rick R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You shouldn't need the Tech 2 to program a second key fob; see the video I posted in an earlier message. Of course, you haven't yet told us what vehicle you have, or did I miss that?
My vehicle is a 2008 Saab 9.3. Thanks

OP
OP
R

Rick R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Rick R
Please describe how you are connecting your tech2 to your laptop. You may actually need a usb to serial adapter.
On my Windows XP I connected directly to the serial port. I have reached out to my grandson how I am hoping will be able to help me, when the to school for computer science.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan