Tech 2 help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

Rick R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tell us more about your setup.

Does the computer have a DBxx serial connector, or are you using a USB-to-serial dongle (what's the adapter make and model #)?
What operating system is the computer using?
Are you using TIS2000 software, or running live on the Techline through a browser? What did you download to your desktop?

EDIT: to be clear, the computer connection isn't needed to use the Tech 2 if you're not programming modules. It works standalone to view powertrain and body data, reset codes, and run test functions.
I purchased the Tech 2 with a Saab card. and want to program an additional fob as well as program the locks to lock and unlock and possibly replace the radio head. Thank you

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I downloaded the Tech line software onto my desktop windows 7 64 bits, i also had a friend download TIS 2000 onto an old XP desktop nether will communicate with the Tech 2. Thank you for reading my posts.
nothing communicates "to" the tech2 it is a pass thru device, you have to be connected to the vehicle and have the cable connected to the tech2 and to the vehicle
the only exception I know of is if you had recorded some data onto the tech2 with a additional pcmcia memory card.
otherwise if you were to read the calibration files off of the vehicle with the tech2 then the techline software would read the calibration files from the tech2 but that' about it unless you are doing pass-thru to program module.
so.. that being said
what exactly are you trying to accomplish here?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I purchased the Tech 2 with a Saab card. and want to program an additional fob as well as program the locks to lock and unlock and possibly replace the radio head. Thank you
saab only works with saab
to do what you are asking you do not need the computer for the fob, you "might" need it for the radio depending on what you are trying to do, for instance installing a nav unit in place of a non nav unit.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@Rick R when you power up the Tech 2 and it goes through the POST (power on self test), what software is showing up at the bottom of the screen? You need 33.004 for your Chevy.

Tech2 Screen1.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Rick R when you power up the Tech 2 and it goes through the POST (power on self test), what software is showing up at the bottom of the screen? You need 33.004 for your Chevy.

View attachment 360000
He said he bought it with the saab card, I believe there 4 different cards that can be used in the tech2, each would be a on a different card.
SAAB VERSION 148.000

ISUZU VERSION 107.021

SUZUKI VERSION 01.210.020

VERSION 33.004

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe its looking at the right port. The tech line is set up using a keyspan Model USA-19HS-C USB serial adapter, I suspect that I have a defective DB9 serial port adapter that came with the Tech 2. I ordered a GM part # 3000111 replacement. Hopefully this will solve the issue. fingers crossed.
Did you run through all the self-tests with the adapters to make sure they are working? Mine came with a defective OBDII adapter.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It would be helpful to know what your vehicle is: year and model. And consider adding it to your signature so it's always shown.

Depending on your year, you may be able to program FOBs with no electronic tools.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen a few references to the OP having a Saab card in his Tech 2. I'm assuming that the OP is trying it use this Saab-configured Tech 2 on a GM vehicle. I believe that is a non-starter, and the OP will need to purchase a GM-programmed card and then make the swap into his Tech 2.

OP
OP
R

Rick R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
nothing communicates "to" the tech2 it is a pass thru device, you have to be connected to the vehicle and have the cable connected to the tech2 and to the vehicle
the only exception I know of is if you had recorded some data onto the tech2 with a additional pcmcia memory card.
otherwise if you were to read the calibration files off of the vehicle with the tech2 then the techline software would read the calibration files from the tech2 but that' about it unless you are doing pass-thru to program module.
so.. that being said
what exactly are you trying to accomplish here?
My goal is to do the pass thru which I believe would allow me to program a second key fob, would also like to re-program the door lock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Austinsham