Tech 2 arrived today, hopefully resolved my high alcohol %

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will this effect hot starts too? still plagued with long crank when hot. I have noticed the Ethanol content reads highs but haven't reset it.
Not sure, I guess it is possible that the PCM is feeding too much gas on a hot start (because it thinks it has a lot more Ethanol in the fuel than it does), just like a cold start.

I only notice it on cold starts, but that is also when the truck is in the garage, so the enclosed space makes the rich mixtures more apparent (more like a carbed car's cold start).

I never notice hard starting on warm or cold starts when my virtual sensor is reporting even say 36% Ethanol content and my actual content is 6%, just smelly cold starts in the garage. As soon as it warms up some and switches to closed loop, everything cleans up.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Will this effect hot starts too? still plagued with long crank when hot. I have noticed the Ethanol content reads highs but haven't reset it.

If the ethanol reset doesn't work, try flooring the gas pedal when attempting a hot start. That will shut off fuel by using the clear flood mode, and may tell you if the cylinders are getting too much fuel on a hot start.

smokymtn65

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the ethanol reset doesn't work, try flooring the gas pedal when attempting a hot start. That will shut off fuel by using the clear flood mode, and may tell you if the cylinders are getting too much fuel on a hot start.
It does seem to work most of the time, I have been trying to remind my wife to do that each time trying to find some consistent results. but it has to be at least 15min heat soak for the long crank issue. at this time holding pedal down seems to do the trick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts