Tech 2 arrived today, hopefully resolved my high alcohol %

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mftrnr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally decided to pull the trigger on a Tech 2 and hopefully resolved my codes from an abnormally high alcohol percentage in fuel with a composition reset. It seems to run better!

For some reason I had gotten it in my head I could turn off the TPMS light with a Tech 2 on a 2009 but does not appear to be the case, that was a little annoying but I think it's just from my lack of research.

So far the Tech 2 seems like a really handy tool. I just got one off ebay, I felt better about having some of the buyer protections instead of going through other sites.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally decided to pull the trigger on a Tech 2 and hopefully resolved my codes from an abnormally high alcohol percentage in fuel with a composition reset. It seems to run better!

For some reason I had gotten it in my head I could turn off the TPMS light with a Tech 2 on a 2009 but does not appear to be the case, that was a little annoying but I think it's just from my lack of research.

So far the Tech 2 seems like a really handy tool. I just got one off ebay, I felt better about having some of the buyer protections instead of going through other sites.
TPMS is the law of the land so GM won't let us disable it. Been to the track with your ultimate hot rod Denali? I say that because you have the L9H motor and RWD with the big rear axle, no AFM like the later 6.2s. Fun stuff!

OP
OP
M

mftrnr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
TPMS is the law of the land so GM won't let us disable it. Been to the track with your ultimate hot rod Denali? I say that because you have the L9H motor and RWD with the big rear axle, no AFM like the later 6.2s. Fun stuff!
Hah not yet! But it's still fairly new to me and it's mostly been ironing out all the little problems it came with. But now that I'm approaching the "all clear" status I find myself thinking, it doesn't "need" more power but it'd be a lot cooler if it did.

OP
OP
M

mftrnr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Reaction score
You can use an Autosync from BT Dieselworks to disable TPMS or there’s an emulator if you search TPMS Delete you’ll find it. Here’s the Autosync link.
https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0164/1950/files/BCM-tuning-autosync-compare-final.pdf?241
Interesting some of the things that Autosync can do, like one touch up drivers window, video in motion, and activating backup camera when turn signal is activated.

Especially the one touch up drivers window. I thought the only way to get that feature was getting a complete window regulator, switch, and harness setup from an Esky

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting some of the things that Autosync can do, like one touch up drivers window, video in motion, and activating backup camera when turn signal is activated.

Especially the one touch up drivers window. I thought the only way to get that feature was getting a complete window regulator, switch, and harness setup from an Esky
That dude Ben Tyler is pretty much a genius although I can’t say much about his customer service. I bought a BCM flash from him for my bagged 08 Silverado after trying everything in the book as far as load resistors to stop the hyperflashing. He was able to send me a file that used my Blackbear Autocal to flash the BCM. It had a few additional changes to the BCM as well. It took forever to get it from him after ordering and paying for it but it worked like a charm. He is the only one in the world doing what he does. He invented the Autosync which is a different device that stays plugged into the OBD port and can do a boatload of additional things.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's an interesting one, I dont think my level of annoyance has reached that cost yet, unsure what I'm going to do about it yet.
You can do the emulator for about $70. There’s a member here who uses it but he hardwired it in instead of having it run off AA batteries like it does.

Reaction score
That dude Ben Tyler is pretty much a genius although I can’t say much about his customer service. I bought a BCM flash from him for my bagged 08 Silverado after trying everything in the book as far as load resistors to stop the hyperflashing. He was able to send me a file that used my Blackbear Autocal to flash the BCM. It had a few additional changes to the BCM as well. It took forever to get it from him after ordering and paying for it but it worked like a charm. He is the only one in the world doing what he does. He invented the Autosync which is a different device that stays plugged into the OBD port and can do a boatload of additional things.
So with that Autosync device, does it just add the some of those options to the DIC to be able to turn on/off?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So with that Autosync device, does it just add the some of those options to the DIC to be able to turn on/off?
IDK, I never really looked into it. Here’s more info. And it looks like he’s affected by the chip shortage, his site says there’s a 1-2 month delay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu