TCS Disabled with C0283 (JL4)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jholden19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Traction Control is disabled and I have Service Stability warning with DTC of C0283. The brake system is JL4.

I originally had C0131 and I replaced the pressure valve and the EBCM. Due to rust, I was unable to separate the EBCM from the pressure valve and replaced both with a used part. After reconnecting everything, the vehicle gives the code C0283 (Mode Switch Circuit Malfunction).

I found these two troubleshooting references on the web which I had trouble following:

Here is what I have done on this code:
* Cleaned ground by the EBCM
* Checked electrical connection to the EBCM
* Removed the TCS switch and tested the 4 wires - three are connected to either power or ground, one was open. It was one of the brown wires and coded as H on the connector.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to isolate the source of the DTC?

Thanks
Jonathan

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were the used parts taken out of a truck the same year/model as your truck?

OP
OP
J

jholden19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The parts came off the same year but a different GM vehicle with the same motor but I am not sure of other specs.

I may try to work hard getting the old EBCM off the pump valve but it is in pretty rough shape.

OP
OP
J

jholden19

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just separated the old EBCM from the pressure valve. The old EBCM can't be reused. Gotta love road salt and an abs module installed on the frame on an 18 yr old vehicle...

Does my EBCM need to be reprogrammed to match the vehicle?

IMG_20220624_131643.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan