Tcase issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turk

Reaction score
My tcase shelled out on my 99 Tahoe. Replaced it with a reman. Everything hooked up nice, plugged in all connections, vacuum line, and checked fluid levels. I replaced the electronic gear switch on the side of the tcase as well.

I did pull the Tahoe into my garage under its own power. Transmission seemed fine and have had no issues with it.

Now that I replaced the tcase the Tahoe will not move under its own power. Does not matter what gear I put it in. When I put it back into park after switching to any other gear it makes a short grinding noise.

One other thing.... in park I can roll the Tahoe. Actually in any gear it will roll when I push it.

Any help would be appreciated as I’m about to push this thing into the river.

Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
turk

turk

Reaction score
I will add that I purchased a reman online from The Gear Shop. Supposedly built “bulldog tough”. Not sure if anyone has used them before, but I am not too impressed with their customer service.

They seemed a little irritated with all my questions and had zero troubleshooting support besides “send it back and we’ll check it”. I’ve already been down a week due to length of tcase shipment and I have 10+ hours in removal/install and troubleshooting myself. Not really wanting to send it back if there is another issue.

MaBs413

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Question... Did you solve your problem?... I think my transfer case is going...

Phone Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the grass in neutral? If not, did you get the correct trade for your transmission? One is for a 4L60e and the other for a 4L80e. They have different input shafts.

jeff ashworth

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My tcase shelled out on my 99 Tahoe. Replaced it with a reman. Everything hooked up nice, plugged in all connections, vacuum line, and checked fluid levels. I replaced the electronic gear switch on the side of the tcase as well.

I did pull the Tahoe into my garage under its own power. Transmission seemed fine and have had no issues with it.

Now that I replaced the tcase the Tahoe will not move under its own power. Does not matter what gear I put it in. When I put it back into park after switching to any other gear it makes a short grinding noise.

One other thing.... in park I can roll the Tahoe. Actually in any gear it will roll when I push it.

Any help would be appreciated as I’m about to push this thing into the river.

Thanks in advance.
Sounds like your T-case is in neutral

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjvieira

Latest posts