TBSS Rear springs on Yukon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to start a new thread about the TBSS Springs I put on my yukon. The springs work great, and they ride is outstanding. It is honestly 110% better than the Blue (5In) DJM springs. As of now it has lowered it 1/4", and I have driven my Yukon like 5miles because it was going to rain, and I didn't want to have it get dirty. Trust me people, these springs are what you need if you want a lil over 5" drop and a Superior Ride. It will lower at least 1/4" if not a half inch more. I went out a lil bit ago, and from just sitting it lowered another 1/8th of an inch. If you guys have any questions just ask me or Talk to Tony (DJM DIRECT).

Elliot

matt14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea its a night and day difference huh? There is no way i could go back to the other springs

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
I have Belltech springs
I tried the DJM springs and they raised my back end up about half an inch
does that mean the TBSS springs will have the same ride height as the Belltech springs but better ride quality?

oh and :pics-stfu:

:D

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have Belltech springs
I tried the DJM springs and they raised my back end up about half an inch
does that mean the TBSS springs will have the same ride height as the Belltech springs but better ride quality?

oh and :pics-stfu:

:D

what djm spring did you use??? there is a big difference between the Trailblazer 4 inch rear drop spring on a tahoe and a djm tahoe 5 inch drop spring on a tahoe. Ive used traillblazer belltech 3 inch rear drop springs on a tahoe and the djm 4 inch trailblazer spring on a tahoe rides better

OP
OP

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need the Rear Sway Bar relocators, DJM Shocks, and the rear trailing arm kit. Well worth the money. DJM should just switch the Blue 5in springs for the TBSS springs if they were smart.....just saying

I didn't get any pics of putting them in, but I can get some pics of how it sits now.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What else did you do to the rear to accommodate that much of a drop?

all the tahoes/suburbans etc that ive been using the rear trailblazer spring on since 2002 have been with

the tb 4 inch spring
rear djm hardware kit
rear djm shocks

Ride is better than any 5 inch tahoe/yukon made spring out there.

btw guys this is the TRAILBLAZER 4 INCH DJM DROP SPRING. The TBSS (tRAILBLAZER SS) has rear airbags stock.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Not trying to bash or thread jack, but I refuse to believe that DJMs TB 4" springs ride better than the Belltech ones till someone rides/compares the two for atleast 500 miles each on here.
Yeah they may give more drop, but DJMs stuff is known to be low quality, especially when it comes to fitment and ride quality.
Thats exactly why I scrapped those crappy blue DJM 4" Tahoe springs, rode nasty and clunked like no other.
The new Belltech ones I have ride better, make no noise, and gave more drop!

Tony, you may be giving DJM a little to much umph on here. I know you sell their stuff but their is too much dirt on that company, I just keep it to myself most of the time because I don't feel like typing.

OP
OP

89 chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy just got a Belltech kit for his suburban, and he has over 1000 miles on them, and mine ride WAY better with 100miles on mine. Just saying, and not to get you all revved up about it im just saying that you don't realize how nice these coils ride. If they didn't ride good, then I WOULDN'T BE SAYING THEY RODE GOOD. His has 1000 on his, and mine has 100 and mine rides better.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not trying to bash or thread jack, but I refuse to believe that DJMs TB 4" springs ride better than the Belltech ones till someone rides/compares the two for atleast 500 miles each on here.
Yeah they may give more drop, but DJMs stuff is known to be low quality, especially when it comes to fitment and ride quality.
Thats exactly why I scrapped those crappy blue DJM 4" Tahoe springs, rode nasty and clunked like no other.
The new Belltech ones I have ride better, make no noise, and gave more drop!

Tony, you may be giving DJM a little to much umph on here. I know you sell their stuff but their is too much dirt on that company, I just keep it to myself most of the time because I don't feel like typing.

Wish you lived out here because ive been in both. LIke i said there is no comparison between djms rear tahoe drop springs to djms trailblazer rear drop spring.

it will be THE SAME RESULT as the 00-06s or 07-10 that ive been doing this for a long time now. So you know the rear springs belltech uses on all 00-10 truck is the same.

I sell belltech also and its great but honestly between the DJM rear springs for the trailblazer and other springs made for the tahoe its a big difference. I proved this many times over the years and now with abotu 13 members on here that bought the springs and put them on they are all happy. Not everyone that buys stuff posts on this forum but for the guys that do (matt14 chevy 89) and soon more they will all back this up for me.

You want a 5.5 drop in rear?
You want the best ride out there?
Then do the set up I said and you will be happy.

BTW please email [email protected] he is a customer/friend that had the belltech rear springs in his tahoe i put in about 7 years ago. He had the belltech nitro 2s didnt like the ride then did the street performance about 2 years ago and was ok and then put in the trailblazer coils and rear djm set up and he hasnt looked back. That was the last truck I did with this much drop on it locally. Since then matt14 was the next.

I do a lot of suspension work and you guys can even see the coilovers I helped spec/design for the Trailblazer SS. I don't lie to sell parts I actaully work on suspension and my suspension stuff gets tested at the track/street races as you guys can see in my videos.

If I was lieing about the stuff I sell by now I wouldn't be around and my tbss site would be a gonner but that is not true at all.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442