TBSS Intake swap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only use it because my super charger is 4 bolt design and it made sense to me to get one along with an ls2 90mm. Then my Tahoe came with an X-link and 4 bolt 87mm TB on a TBSS. Idk about the 100% throttle usage I would call it BS. My buddy has a 3 bolt adapter on a TBSS to run the factory throttle body and has no issues and his truck is still fast and fun.

OP
OP
CWARE

CWARE

Reaction score
Awesome thanks a lot. I think I’ll just stick with the 3 bolt throttle body for now and save my money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kly5953

Reaction score
Has anyone actually completed a dyno run before and after the TBSS intake swap? Just found that Rockauto sells the genuine GM part for 130$ so it looks like a darn easy and cheap performance mod to get me moving.....but, not sure how much TQ gain i could actually get down low

OP
OP
CWARE

CWARE

Reaction score
I know that the Sloppy Mechanics on YouTube did a group of videos about the TBSS swap and posted some dyno results. I don’t recall what the numbers were but you can check out their YouTube page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9