Taillight options Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavesLEDrepair

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry, if I hadn’t already ordered and installed the protuning lab ones...
If you still have your broken one I would be interested in it for one I could fix and switch out. Let me know if you would be interested in getting rid of it.

kiboater

Reaction score
There is a guy on ebay who fixes these. $130 including the return freight. Says he turns them around in 24 hours. https://ebay.us/oGGHGe

He says he has repaired 700 of these and guarantees his repair for life. An of course they are on national backorder. Gm will tell you they do not have a problem with these.

kurtibm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For repair locally, look on car-part.com under the 'GMC', 'Denali' and 'taillight'. Many of the parts yards repair them, as I would expect the guys who do the older dash 'stepper motors' would morph over to this repair.

J B pdt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sorry, if I hadn’t already ordered and installed the protuning lab ones...

Do you have a picture with the Protuning taillights on the vehicle? I just backed into something and broke on of mine, so I'm thinking I'll go with aftermarket lights due to cost.

Dave Legacy

Reaction score
My other taillight caught up with the other I was having intermittent issues with, so I couldn’t not have primary brake lights. Gathered up some soldering tools last night and fixed one.

Here’s a look at the part that breaks:

0C5552C4-C9BB-48C2-9505-B5CB29355E25.jpeg

Perhaps this is useful for someone interested in repairing their own. I’ll spare you the repair - I don’t have soldering experience and it’s apparent in my final product.

DavesLEDrepair

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you still have your old non working set? I might be interested in them if you do?

kurtibm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of REPAIRED Denali tail lights on which I have repaired the factory shortcoming and have given up trying to adapt my Tahoe to accept. Perfect lenses.
Would sell the pair for $550 + UPS. Otherwise, I guess to eBay they go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep