Tail Lights/Parking Lamps Don't Work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paulyt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2007 Yukon Denali with 226,000+ miles. I just had to replace my original alternator a few weeks ago. After replacing the alternator, I noticed my parking lamps/tail lights don't work at all. Even with the headlights on the tail lights still remain off, so at night I don't have any lights on the rear until I brake. I have checked the fuses and relay and they are fine. The weird thing is that when I unlock my car the tail lights flash once as designed, so they are getting power. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem?

Note: Before I had my alternator replaced I was having a different issue with my parking lights, every time it rained or I washed my car the parking lights would stay on constantly. The only fix I found for this was to pull the fuses or relay. Here is a thread about it here: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/parking-lights-wont-turn-off.96918/ Not sure if they are related but I figured I should mention it.

Thank you in advance! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Paul

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2007 Yukon Denali with 226,000+ miles. I just had to replace my original alternator a few weeks ago. After replacing the alternator, I noticed my parking lamps/tail lights don't work at all. Even with the headlights on the tail lights still remain off, so at night I don't have any lights on the rear until I brake. I have checked the fuses and relay and they are fine. The weird thing is that when I unlock my car the tail lights flash once as designed, so they are getting power. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this problem?

Note: Before I had my alternator replaced I was having a different issue with my parking lights, every time it rained or I washed my car the parking lights would stay on constantly. The only fix I found for this was to pull the fuses or relay. Here is a thread about it here: http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/parking-lights-wont-turn-off.96918/ Not sure if they are related but I figured I should mention it.

Thank you in advance! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Paul

Do the parking/running lights up front (not the headlights) work???

Do you have working tag lights???

And you did check both the fuses correct???

Underhood fuse box...
LT PRK FUSE 26 15A
RT PRK FUSE 27 15A

If you have functional front parking lamps then I would check for power at both tail lamps and also check for a good ground at the tail lights.

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

paulyt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do the parking/running lights up front (not the headlights) work???

Do you have working tag lights???

And you did check both the fuses correct???

Underhood fuse box...
LT PRK FUSE 26 15A
RT PRK FUSE 27 15A

If you have functional front parking lamps then I would check for power at both tail lamps and also check for a good ground at the tail lights.

Sorry for the delay in responding to your post. My front parking/running lights do not work. License plate lights do work. I did check both of those fuses and even replaced them just to be sure. I also switched the relay with another one but that didn't help either.

There is definitely power at both tail lamps because those exact bulbs (the middle of the 3 rear lights) light up when I unlock/lock my car. So I know it's getting power. They just don't work other than when I unlock/lock my car.

Any other suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727