tahoe z71 vs premier upgrade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

david1523

Reaction score
I currently have a 21 z71 that I am extremely happy with. I am a real estate agent so I end up driving around quite a lot and being in SoCal the gas is getting crazy.

I have a local dealer that has a 22 diesel premier that they are getting in next week and they are offering me a pretty good deal to buy my z71. The diesel gas mileage is sounding pretty nice right now, but I'm unsure about going from the z71 to the premier. How are you guys liking your premier if you have one? Any advice is much appreciated!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently have a 21 z71 that I am extremely happy with. I am a real estate agent so I end up driving around quite a lot and being in SoCal the gas is getting crazy.

I have a local dealer that has a 22 diesel premier that they are getting in next week and they are offering me a pretty good deal to buy my z71. The diesel gas mileage is sounding pretty nice right now, but I'm unsure about going from the z71 to the premier. How are you guys liking your premier if you have one? Any advice is much appreciated!
No direct experience with the new platform but I was a realtor once and clients are impressed with classy cars. The Premier would fit that bill more than the Z71 appearance wise. I doubt the difference in cost would be offset by lower fuel prices in less than time that it takes to pay it off.

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just went the opposite direction. I am not realtornua use either for business though.

I went from 2021 Premier to 22 Z71. Aside from the obvious items not available on Z71…….(Adaptive Cruise, Camera view in mirror, Ventilated seats etc….) the other options are about a 95-99% match.

The 21 Premier was great luxury wise but….Way too much chrome). Both models exterior/interior color same….(Midnight Blue/Jet Black) but the Z71 looks way more sporty and aggressive. The black chrome accents on the Z71 blend with the MB paint and towns the chrome way way down.

Here is a hopefully constructive recommendation……….

Have you looked at the RST? Z71 and RAT are fairly close in trim and features but z71 is primarily Off Road oriented the RST is sporty design and trim with blacked out accents but a little more interior trim and Diesel available……

RST…….Z71 that got called to a dinner party unexpectedly and needed a nice suit/Tuxedo

Z71……Z71 designed and outfitted for what it was meant to be. Off Road, rugged, sporty etc…. Basically the RST earlier that day out in the oil fields, construction sites etc…

I thinof the six trims for 2021/22 as this.

LS/LT…Entry/ Volume sales leader, high volume for dealers that can say they have in stock, and can sell reasonably easy. Decent trim and decent options but still, volume.

RST/Z71…. Sporty, off road, outdoor, construction, etc….RST adds some luxury…..RSat think Z71 with Tiffany Cufflinks and wing tip shoes. Z71 is RST with tuxedo T-shirt.

Premier/HC: Luxury, simple as that. Yes HC is more luxury but I found the Premier to be about 95% of the HC content, without the extra $10K for the name. My Premier had about everything the HC had available except for the 6.2 but $5K less

OP
OP
david1523

david1523

Reaction score
I just went the opposite direction. I am not realtornua use either for business though.

I went from 2021 Premier to 22 Z71. Aside from the obvious items not available on Z71…….(Adaptive Cruise, Camera view in mirror, Ventilated seats etc….) the other options are about a 95-99% match.

The 21 Premier was great luxury wise but….Way too much chrome). Both models exterior/interior color same….(Midnight Blue/Jet Black) but the Z71 looks way more sporty and aggressive. The black chrome accents on the Z71 blend with the MB paint and towns the chrome way way down.

Here is a hopefully constructive recommendation……….

Have you looked at the RST? Z71 and RAT are fairly close in trim and features but z71 is primarily Off Road oriented the RST is sporty design and trim with blacked out accents but a little more interior trim and Diesel available……

RST…….Z71 that got called to a dinner party unexpectedly and needed a nice suit/Tuxedo

Z71……Z71 designed and outfitted for what it was meant to be. Off Road, rugged, sporty etc…. Basically the RST earlier that day out in the oil fields, construction sites etc…

I thinof the six trims for 2021/22 as this.

LS/LT…Entry/ Volume sales leader, high volume for dealers that can say they have in stock, and can sell reasonably easy. Decent trim and decent options but still, volume.

RST/Z71…. Sporty, off road, outdoor, construction, etc….RST adds some luxury…..RSat think Z71 with Tiffany Cufflinks and wing tip shoes. Z71 is RST with tuxedo T-shirt.

Premier/HC: Luxury, simple as that. Yes HC is more luxury but I found the Premier to be about 95% of the HC content, without the extra $10K for the name. My Premier had about everything the HC had available except for the 6.2 but $5K less

The same dealer is actually supposed to be getting in an evergreen metallic rst with the Duramax engine and although it doesn't have all the upgrades the premier had, man does it look good! I am heavily considering going that route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts