Tahoe Yukon Suburban low profile aluminum roof racks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrpeterclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi All! I have shipped our first round of 07-14 Suburban Roof racks and are finalizing things for the Tahoe rack!
We have also modified and cajoled and helped bring an off-road winch bumpers to market for these these trucks. Thanks to a willing manufacturer (Chassis Unlimited), pre-ordered bumpers are well under way. We have all experienced the lack of aftermarket support for these trucks - maybe there isn't a market for it, but I'm hoping that's not the case. I hope this isn't too spam-ie, but I think we're offering a helpful service and need to get the word out so we can continue to get this thing going. Please feel free to ask any questions, offer any feedback, or spread the word!
You can check us out at baselineoverland.com

Baseline Overland Suburban Roof Rack (1).jpg
Baseline Overland Suburban Roof Rack Yukon XL 2007 2014_1780 (31).JPG
Baseline Overland Suburban Roof Rack Yukon XL 2007 2014_1780 00.JPG

doc5339

Reaction score
Hi All! I have shipped our first round of 07-14 Suburban Roof racks and are finalizing things for the Tahoe rack!
We have also modified and cajoled and helped bring an off-road winch bumpers to market for these these trucks. Thanks to a willing manufacturer (Chassis Unlimited), pre-ordered bumpers are well under way. We have all experienced the lack of aftermarket support for these trucks - maybe there isn't a market for it, but I'm hoping that's not the case. I hope this isn't too spam-ie, but I think we're offering a helpful service and need to get the word out so we can continue to get this thing going. Please feel free to ask any questions, offer any feedback, or spread the word!
You can check us out at baselineoverland.com

View attachment 372997
View attachment 372995
View attachment 372996
How is your Denali AWD handling the steep grades and passes? Really curious which passes you've been able to cross.

OP
OP
mrpeterclark

mrpeterclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How is your Denali AWD handling the steep grades and passes? Really curious which passes you've been able to cross.
Lately not great on steep things especially at low RMP. I'm in the process of looking through the forum and researching. It's obviously way more pronounced at altitude or with our small off road trailer, but DANG it's downright gutless on an incline. It does ok at highway speeds on Berthoud pass, I-70, etc. with the trailer.
I got stuck last year way up in Yankee Boy Basin in Ouray after I topped a hill that I REALLY didn't want to go down and I COULD NOT get it to back up the steep hill I was on. Reverse is a higher gear than 1st, and I was above the tree line, but still! It was gravelly and dry and I couldn't even get a wheel to spin and the engine was overheating. Maybe torque management has something to do with it? I pulled off the trail, and camped for the night, and took it down the nasty section the next morning and had to take that nasty section uphill at speed to get out.
I took it up some steep sections of trail this weekend with the trailer and it was terrible in 2nd gear in the 1500-3K rpm range. Just floored and slowing down and the trans was getting hot. Pretty disappointing. In 1st gear would go, but then I'm in the 4500+ range which is annoying when you just going 20mph. I've got a timing advanced issue that I haven't been able to sort, and I wonder if a tune might help. I've got 245K on the clock. A fresh crate engine would probably help - haha.
I have taken through the day use section of Finns an' Things in Moab. I was watching some 4runners ahead of me thinking, "this was a mistake" ,but it did fine - left a little paint from the rear bumper behind. I've gone down lots of roads on MVUM maps, and it does fine. I' think it would do the alpine loop from Lake City, but it would annoy all the side-by-sides having to wait on me. And that's WAY up there, and this thing NEEDS oxygen.

doc5339

Reaction score
Lately not great on steep things especially at low RMP. I'm in the process of looking through the forum and researching. It's obviously way more pronounced at altitude or with our small off road trailer, but DANG it's downright gutless on an incline. It does ok at highway speeds on Berthoud pass, I-70, etc. with the trailer.
I got stuck last year way up in Yankee Boy Basin in Ouray after I topped a hill that I REALLY didn't want to go down and I COULD NOT get it to back up the steep hill I was on. Reverse is a higher gear than 1st, and I was above the tree line, but still! It was gravelly and dry and I couldn't even get a wheel to spin and the engine was overheating. Maybe torque management has something to do with it? I pulled off the trail, and camped for the night, and took it down the nasty section the next morning and had to take that nasty section uphill at speed to get out.
I took it up some steep sections of trail this weekend with the trailer and it was terrible in 2nd gear in the 1500-3K rpm range. Just floored and slowing down and the trans was getting hot. Pretty disappointing. In 1st gear would go, but then I'm in the 4500+ range which is annoying when you just going 20mph. I've got a timing advanced issue that I haven't been able to sort, and I wonder if a tune might help. I've got 245K on the clock. A fresh crate engine would probably help - haha.
I have taken through the day use section of Finns an' Things in Moab. I was watching some 4runners ahead of me thinking, "this was a mistake" ,but it did fine - left a little paint from the rear bumper behind. I've gone down lots of roads on MVUM maps, and it does fine. I' think it would do the alpine loop from Lake City, but it would annoy all the side-by-sides having to wait on me. And that's WAY up there, and this thing NEEDS oxygen.
Thanks for the quick and detailed reply!

This makes it clear that either I should just get a truck with a low range transfer case or bolt-on a supercharger to my 177k+ mile Denali! I have always loved forced induction even though it's another potential failure point. I am thinking Whipple. A re-gear to 4.10 might also be in order?

I am planning on maybe just doing easy stuff like Ophir Pass. Maybe I will take the Denali to Uwharrie for some testing once suspension and wheel mods are complete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos