Tahoe/Yukon Headlight Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Just thought I would post this info in here to add to the knowledge base.

I installed the Supernova V4.0 9005 LED in the high beams of my '08 Suburban today and they fit without any modifications to the core support.

They might even fit in the low beam location but I cannot verify that for sure.

buck91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pretty sure those Supernova V4 LEDs are "supposed" to work well with the factory halogen housings. If they weren't so pricey I'd drop them in my low beams (in H11 base) and test it out!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Pretty sure those Supernova V4 LEDs are "supposed" to work well with the factory halogen housings. If they weren't so pricey I'd drop them in my low beams (in H11 base) and test it out!

I had the V3.0 in H11 in my low beams... they worked very well until one bulb died.

ChuckC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wow - great thread to read through. But I am still struggling on what the consensus is for the best 9008/H13 replacement for a purely stock 2009 Yukon is? Looking to go as bright as possible as I do a lot of mountain driving and since this is a Hybrid, there are no fog lights. Thanks!

dro45

Reaction score
You know, I've read all the way through this thread, including the awesome pinned first posts. I am not a hobbyist, just a driver who drives at night in deer country. I simply need as much light to the distant sides of the road on high beam, so I can spot deer about to cross the road. Deer vs. auto happens to somebody just about every day.

After all this time, is there a simple bolt on solution for a 2009 Yukon? I don't need flamethrowers, just as much light as I can get for a very reasonable amount of money.

Sure appreciate input on this.

Reaction score
You know, I've read all the way through this thread, including the awesome pinned first posts. I am not a hobbyist, just a driver who drives at night in deer country. I simply need as much light to the distant sides of the road on high beam, so I can spot deer about to cross the road. Deer vs. auto happens to somebody just about every day.

After all this time, is there a simple bolt on solution for a 2009 Yukon? I don't need flamethrowers, just as much light as I can get for a very reasonable amount of money.

Sure appreciate input on this.
I'm no expert, especially with the nnbs (2007-2014) models, but on my 2001 Yukon when I changed the standard bulbs to Sylvania Silverstar Ultras it was night and day difference. Brighter, whiter light, and only cost around $40 for the pair.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

dro45

Reaction score
I'm no expert, especially with the nnbs (2007-2014) models, but on my 2001 Yukon when I changed the standard bulbs to Sylvania Silverstar Ultras it was night and day difference. Brighter, whiter light, and only cost around $40 for the pair.

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL

Thank you. I'll look into these.

buck91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would discourage the silver stars. Over priced, under performing.

Philips xtreme vision/power have been good to me on my fords.

If yours takes the same as our last 2011 hoe then the h11 can be converted to h9 and the 9005 to 9011 VERY easily with large increases in light output.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I would discourage the silver stars. Over priced, under performing.

Philips xtreme vision/power have been good to me on my fords.

If yours takes the same as our last 2011 hoe then the h11 can be converted to h9 and the 9005 to 9011 VERY easily with large increases in light output.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Compared to the standard ones that were in my 2001 since, well I guess new... Lol, the Silverstar Ultras are a big improvement.

They're also brighter than the stock ones in my 2012 Denali.

I'm no light bulb expert and I'm sure there are better bulbs out there. The stock headlight went out on my 2001 a couple years ago, so I picked up the pair of Ultras at Walmart and am happy with them

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL

Fir_Na_Tine

Reaction score
Silverstar Ultras are nice but I haven't been able to get a full year out of them yet. That brighter whiter light comes at a price of burning out fast.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts