Tahoe weight reduction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a memeber on here, I think he's in Texas, has one fast Tahoe, it's painted a copper color. I wish I could remember his name. Anyone remember his name? He was running some crazy times. I bet he has some good tips for you.
My truck is grey lol...I know the truck is from khp down in the Rio Grande Valley area and he's running 9s claiming the fastest in the country , and The Hoe has ran high 9s in his too. They both have similar setups, 5.3turbo, 4l80 but The Hoe seems to get out the hole drama free. Tahoes of this gen seem to put down power better in 2wd. The 4wd seem to dance around more. Let's see if this thread takes off..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My truck is grey lol...I know the truck is from khp down in the Rio Grande Valley area and he's running 9s claiming the fastest in the country , and The Hoe has ran high 9s in his too. They both have similar setups, 5.3turbo, 4l80 but The Hoe seems to get out the hole drama free. Tahoes of this gen seem to put down power better in 2wd. The 4wd seem to dance around more. Let's see if this thread takes off..

Nice. Glad you remembered. Got a vid of yours in action:driver:?

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like an aftermarket paint job with everything done, but is that the factory sunset orange?

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It took the copper colored Tahoe a few seconds to leave after the light turned green, was he reading a text?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably working on his launch or testing other things and not really "racing". It's common practice on test-and-tune nights at the track. They'll focus on staging and launching and not be concerned with their reaction time and being rushed by the green light. This is smart because once you get your launch figured out, you can improve your RT and ET when you actually are racing. It has no effect on the ET so you will still know how fast and quick you are.

Last edited:

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Glad you remembered. Got a vid of yours in action:driver:?
I need to get some new video..haven't recorded any goi mg full out with the 4l80. My high flow cats may be giving me some problems so they are gonna have to go then I can do some proper runs.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took the copper colored Tahoe a few seconds to leave after the light turned green, was he reading a text?
Looks like he was running a trans brake..gotta build boost before you leave or it's a turd..the downside of turbocharging..

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think ive seen a dyno vid of the grey one, made just shy of 900 iirc

any idea how, if any, stripped down they are? orange one obviously still has a dash but just removing seats isnt going to be anything amazing

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a sign that the turbine section is too large and or it needs more "converter".
Even with a big converter the turbine still needs time to build up pressure. These guys are in the 1k hp range so yes they are gonna have larger turbines. If he had a bump box he could build boost and bump into the staging area and not have to worry about the delay.

If you have seen the dyno videos you so I see The Hoe builds boost pretty fast and I think he's got a 3600 converter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low