Tahoe stops while turning the steering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HS05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I bought a used 2015 Tahoe LT. It stalls/stops while turning the steering. The more you turn, the more it gets harder to move. It happens in reverse mode also.

Anybody else faced this issue and possible solutions please.

Thanks

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I bought a used 2015 Tahoe LT. It stalls/stops while turning the steering. The more you turn, the more it gets harder to move. It happens in reverse mode also.

Thanks
need more details or a video, does it feel like the brakes are applying? or more like the drivetrain is binding up?, have you jacked it up and looked to see what is doing from underneath? does it have hydroboost brakes?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Thanks
Stalls/stops as in the engine shuts off or does the truck just not move or moves slow and skips along when the wheel is turned?

OP
OP
H

HS05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
need more details or a video, does it feel like the brakes are applying? or more like the drivetrain is binding up?, have you jacked it up and looked to see what is doing from underneath? does it have hydroboost brakes?

Yes it feels like the brakes are applying. Haven’t jacked it and don’t know about hydroboost brakes.

Today I switched to 2wd mode and able to turn easily. So the issue is only on 4wd mode

OP
OP
H

HS05

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Stalls/stops as in the engine shuts off or does the truck just not move or moves slow and skips along when the wheel is turned?

Truck moves slow and feels like it’s braking. More I turn steering more it becomes difficult to maneuver

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Today I switched to 2wd mode and able to turn easily. So the issue is only on 4wd mode

This is totally normal. You should not be driving around on dry pavement in 4wd. You are causing very high stress on the drivetrain when doing this.

When you turn, the wheel on the outside needs to travel farther than the wheel on the inside, thus spinning at a different rate. In 4wd, the wheels are turning at the same rate because the axle is engaged and receiving power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gudmat