"Tahoe starts weird" thread from TF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
I took my 2008 tahoe in for service because sometimes it acted like it didn't want to start & sometimes when it starts the starter keeps going like when you try to start a car while it is already on. Anyways they had it for about a week and said it was something in the throttle body so they took it apart and cleaned it. i go to pick it up and when i start it it does the same thing and the shop manager says it has something to do with the software program and they are waiting for an update for this because it is a known problem. has anyone else experinced anything like this?

My response....

My 2008 GMC Yukon does the same thing... sometimes the starter stays engaged for an extended period. This never occurs on the first crank of the day, but rather only after driving somewhere then starting it again about 20 minutes later.... but it is not consistant otherwise. The dealership I went to could not reproduce the issue and it's almost as if the manager would have to drive it as his personal vehicle to experience the issue. A recording of it is below... is this what you are talking about? Anyone else experiencing this too? It is very annoying especially when people are standing nearby!

Here is what is sounded like...

Attachments

• Yukonstart.zip
    48.3 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
iwaslowr

iwaslowr

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Reaction score
And I finally found a dealership willing to spend the time to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. After bringing the engine to operating temperature then parking it for an hour before starting the engine again this issue would occur like clockwork. Turns out leaking injector(s) caused it... which I assume were causing a rich condition :shrug:

Glad it is fixed though :waytogo: , that was annoying... not to mention an embarassment when others heard it!

nc6600

ps trucks in drive
Reaction score
And I finally found a dealership willing to spend the time to troubleshoot and resolve the issue. After bringing the engine to operating temperature then parking it for an hour before starting the engine again this issue would occur like clockwork. Turns out leaking injector(s) caused it... which I assume were causing a rich condition :shrug:

Glad it is fixed though :waytogo: , that was annoying... not to mention an embarassment when others heard it!
Hope i can find a dealer to fix the squeaky brakes on the 'Rado. Glad you got it fixed i agree stuff like this can get embarrassing especially when you drop $30,000+.:Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts