Tahoe stalls when warm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jim Adler

Jim Adler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
as pmw stated really need to figure what you lose when it dies any of the above stated are possible. fuel pump is going bad but only dies when it warms up. coil packs are going bad and stop working once they warm up. could even just be the fuel pump relay gives up when it warms up.
I’m gonna check the relay and use that fuel pump gauge.

OP
OP
Jim Adler

Jim Adler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

You are already receiving suggestions from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum, and others will chime in. It makes total sense to rent a gas pressure gauge, and then you can either confirm or remove the fuel pressure question out of the equation for your troubleshooting.
What kind of pics should I add?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Now we are getting somewhere. This is a load condition/temp problem. Now for a fuel pressure reading, especially with long hose and see what happens when driving.

OP
OP
Jim Adler

Jim Adler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There’s my truck. Sorry, I had some business to attend to. Back at it today and now because it’s been sitting for about a month the battery was kinda drained when I tried to start it today. All the power is dead and it seems like a bad ground somewhere cuz it won’t allow me to even jump start it. Every time I try to hook it up the jump starter goes into an error mode meaning there’s a bad connection somewhere. Could this be a separate issue or the root of the problem? Either way I gotta figure it out

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If your battery voltage is too low many chargers won't even try. Get a new battery or take it somewhere that has a charger that can handle it.

OP
OP
Jim Adler

Jim Adler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If your battery voltage is too low many chargers won't even try. Get a new battery or take it somewhere that has a charger that can handle it.
That’s exactly what I was thinking. I’ve already got it unhooked and waiting for my ride to take me up to Oreily real quick.