Tahoe stalls when warm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Jim Adler

Jim Adler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
From what I’ve seen no it can’t, but where there’s there’s a way. I’m sure someone out there has figured out how, but it wasn’t the right way. I’m actually ordering from Amazon but I’m getting AC Delco so it should be fine.
***Where there’s a will there’s a way.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You will be happy you made that choice.

Just to be clear, if I was selling a rig or in an emergency for sure and needed to fix a problem, I would buy cheap and cross my fingers. If I am keeping the rig, go with what got me here after over 100k miles. To me, it's a no brainer.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I’ve seen no it can’t, but where there’s there’s a way. I’m sure someone out there has figured out how, but it wasn’t the right way. I’m actually ordering from Amazon but I’m getting AC Delco so it should be fine.
I have learned the hard way, dont order parts from Amazon. I got O2 sensors for my V8 Envoy, and they come in a box that looked like ACDelco, but once you started looking at the box, and the print on the box, and the mis-spelling of words.. Well it wasnt ACDelco parts.

Go for NGK/NTK (supplier for ACDelco), or ACDelco from a local parts warehouse. That way if there is a issue, the fix is faster.

OP
OP
Jim Adler

Jim Adler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Or RA. So far I have only ever ordered Genuine GM parts from Amazon with no problems.
I just ordered an ac delco one and it was like $45 plus tax and shipping, right around $55. It was more than twice the price of the cheap one, but I feel much better about longevity of it. Anyway part will be here Saturday. I’ll post again with updates.

OP
OP
Jim Adler

Jim Adler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The crankshaft position sensor just arrived. Hopefully this fixes it. Fingers crossed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
Jim Adler

Jim Adler

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The crankshaft position sensor just arrived. Hopefully this fixes it. Fingers crossed.
So there’s a re-learn procedure ur supposed to do after replacing the sensor. I don’t have a nice scanner, what should I do?

ks03

Fool Excess Member
Reaction score
I don’t know of any shortcut for doing a cam crank variation relearn. If you can’t find someone with a tool capable, you’d need to take it to a shop that can. It’s something that could potentially be done on the service drive