Tahoe shut off while driving??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s up guys, I’ve been having problems with my tahoe(2015 Ltz) in the last 3 weeks. My main problem is that it’s been shutting off while driving and sometimes the radio and dash goes black. Has anyone experienced this problem or can anyone hear give me an idea on what can I do to fix this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go straight to your battery and make sure both pos and neg are tight, not just finger tight, remove the wires and clean the terminals with a wire brush and then tighten them back up with the correct wrench.
Follow all your ground wires and do the same.
If you still have the problem, they probably got water in the fuse box and it’s starting to corrode inbetween the 2 halves.

daryl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Different vehicle, but my son has a '16 Colorado that did exactly that. His research revealed the ECM was at fault with others that experienced the same thing.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s up guys, I’ve been having problems with my tahoe(2015 Ltz) in the last 3 weeks. My main problem is that it’s been shutting off while driving and sometimes the radio and dash goes black. Has anyone experienced this problem or can anyone hear give me an idea on what can I do to fix this ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
file a NHTSA report
MORE reports they got for a single item the more chance they will recall