Tahoe RST Brembo brakes upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the factory parking brakes work with your upgrade? I think I read Wilwood rears do not.

Yes, literally take off the calipers, take off the brackets, take off the rotors. Put on new rotors, new brackets, same calipers (not disconnected from brake lines). Torque to spec and enjoy.

I would be surprised if Wilwood also didn’t use factory parking brake, but I have not researched them.

I use my parking brake literally every time I park or stop for extended periods-works like stock.

Cantrepeat

Reaction score
Of course you need to get the rear calipers done in red to match, this is a FANTASTIC upgrade over the stock brakes, I had 12 Escalade's from 2007-2014, they just did not like to stop fast above 70 mph, not a problem with these brakes, and so little dust.

View attachment 330593

Little necro, I finally threw down on the VX1_Ts and the Michelins!! Same PVD Black Chrome. Gerry said 12 weeks to get them but it's worth the wait!

Cantrepeat

Reaction score
Get some pics, can't wait to see them :)

Looks like my wheels are going to be here about 6 weeks early.

I have a question about care of them.

Do you ever take your Tahoe through the carwash?

I take mine to the carwash about 3 times a week but I'm wondering if it will harm the new forgeline wheels or not.

Nishan Bk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
link is not working with me!

where to find the wilwood kit too

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the factory parking brakes work with your upgrade? I think I read Wilwood rears do not.

I have Wilwoods on the front and rear of my '15 Yukon Denali XL and my parking brake works and functions like stock. Wilwoods are designed to bolt on and work with the factory brake system. Wilwood would not design a brake system that reduced any OEM features or functions.

Based on the feedback from others here on the forum and the rotor and pad life they get out of the GM/Brembo brake upgrade I can guarantee you will get significantly longer rotor and pad life out of the Wilwood brake set up over the GM/Brembo option.

However, that being said replacing the rotors and pads on the Wilwood BBK set up is every bit of double the price compared to replacing rotors and pads on the GM/Brembo set up. You are getting every bit of double the mileage and pad life out of the Wilwoods too, so to me it's a wash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505